Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Disabling By Itself

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crimson4280

crimson4280

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

My laptop wireless adaptor keeps turning itself off while im on-line. when it does this and i bring up Intel/proset wireless window it says its off but the Enable Radio button is still checked....
any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

Are you connecting to your personal network, or a public hot-spot?

When you say its turning itself off, do you just mean that you keep getting disconnected from the Internet?

Can you tell us who your service provider is?

Also, what make/model is your router?

#3 crimson4280

crimson4280
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

its my personal network, provider is bellsouth (DSL), wireless router is a Linksys wireless-G broadband router 2.4GHz..

when i boot up and enable radio it connects to my home network, but after a few minutes i lose connection and when i double-click on the wireless icon to pull up the Intel ProSet/Wireless window, it says "wireless is turned off. Select Enable Radio to enable wireless networking.", but the Enable radio option is already checked and isn't highlighted as an option...

#4 Julian Ooi

Julian Ooi

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

I recently had a very similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG wireless adaptor. I tried updating the driver and wireless software and uninstalling and reinstalling them. I tried the Dell Support website for help. I tried using check disc to fix any hard drive errors and system file checker to fix any corrupted system files. I tried tweaking the services under administrative tools, plus loads of other things I have forgotten. Nothing worked!

In the end I had to format and reinstall XP. Since then I have had no problems at all (touch wood). The adaptor now works fine and no longer keeps disconnecting.

#5 gadgetjunkie

gadgetjunkie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

I just had the same problem. Both Sony and my service provider were of no help. On a hunch, I tried downloading the driver update again from the sony download taxi -no internet required. After clicking install software, it gave me the following options: Modify, Repair, Remove. I clicked on repair and then next. It was fixed within a few minutes . . . and two hours dealing with support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users