Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc To Tv Blurry

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xesvuli420

xesvuli420

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:03 AM

I have a 60" HDTV from RCA hooked with S-Video from my HP ZE4115 Notebook. My display seems to be "justified" (meaning windows arn't to big for the screen) with a resolution of 1024X768. the tv region is set to NTSC. I am using radeon igp 320m display driver with ATI. Why is my screen so blurry? If you need specs, i will provide (just tell me how to get them for you) Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 22,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:19 AM

Try dropping the screen resolution down and see if that helps. I believe that s-video has a maximum resolution of 720x486.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 xesvuli420

xesvuli420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

i only have 2 choices 1024xX768 and 800x600. 800x600 makes the windows too big for the screen.

#4 xesvuli420

xesvuli420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

I turned my flicker removal all the way down and that seems to have helped alot, and adjusted the coveragence* on my televison which didnt seem to help at all (lol). Im still not CLEAR, but its satisfing. I would say out of 1 - 10, it is a 8. i wonder if it would be clearer if there was some way to run the "monitor" (not s-video) output on the laptop to some kind of HD cables, that would be nice.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 22,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

Picture quality problems can also be caused by the quality of the cable you are using. Poor quality cables have inadequate shielding and are susceptible to electromagnetic interference. Make sure your cable doesn't run near any power adapters, transformers or other electromagnetic sources.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 northerner

northerner

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

Hello, I have the same issue, but I have hooked up the VGA "monitor" cable to the my 42" LCD tv and the difference is night and day, the picture was awesome!! Trouble is you need 2 VGA's out of the video card on your PC!! and I don't so it will cost me a new video card and VGA cable!!

~northerner~

#7 gissin

gissin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

Hello, I have the same issue, but I have hooked up the VGA "monitor" cable to the my 42" LCD tv and the difference is night and day, the picture was awesome!! Trouble is you need 2 VGA's out of the video card on your PC!! and I don't so it will cost me a new video card and VGA cable!!

~northerner~

surely you could just use a vga splitter??? and run your monitor and 42'' screen simultainiously.
save you the cost of a video card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users