Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Certificate Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eggway

eggway

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:05 AM

Every time i go to any website like www.logmein.com, www.dbs.com.sg.
When logging into Microsoft hotmail, i also prompt the following problem.
IE7 show the following:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

And i was not able to login at logmein.com using IE7 as it show the above message.
But for the firefox, i was able to login but was not able to
connect to the remote computer. It fail everytime i launch a remote assistance.
When i attempt to connect to remote computer using logmein, i prompt me that the certificate
from the remote computer is different from the issue certificate from the remote computer.

I re-roll it back to IE6 using add/remove program

i am not able to login to any secure website using IE6 and Firefox.
Eg: logmein.com, gotomypc.com and all secure website
It show that there is a error in the certificate that it is not trusted and other maybe attempting to fool you.

i reformatted my computer about a week ago, everything was fine untill i download a root certificate from microsoft update in the custom not express, the error start to show.

i also did a repair using Window XP SP2 CD.
i even find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder and right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu. But it still does not solve the problem

I would gladly thank for your help in solving my problem

Edited by eggway, 24 May 2007 - 05:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,273 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

Hello eggway,

Here's my thought. Given that the problem began when you installed that root certificate thing, I would suggest a system restore choosing a time and date just before you installed that file. You will need to redo any other software or computer updates as well as redoing any software installations or uninstallations that you have done between then and now. Everything else will be fine.

Let us know if that works.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:59 AM

i am sorry to tell you that all the restore point is cleared once i repair it with window xp CD, a new restore point was created right after the repair. As the result i am unable to did a system restor to eariler state.

#4 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

This problem was resolved with the help of Microsoft support.

But it create window update problem.

Here is the link to the problem:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93489/files-required-to-use-microsoft-update-are-no-longer-registered-or-installed-on-your-computer/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users