Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Convert Jpg Files In To Cdr

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jorge75

jorge75

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

Hi everyone,
Does any body knows how can I convert JPG files to CDR format?, any program that migth work? I have coreldraw 12
thank you for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:10 AM

I'm not really familiar with Corel Draw, but is there a "Save As" feature that will allow you to change the file format it's saved using? Same as if you wanted to save it as a .tif, or .jpg or .png or .gif etc. etc. :flowers:

EDIT: I just checked on Corel Draw 9, and if you go to File>Save As, then you should have a drop down menu next to "Files of Type", and from there you should be able to click on CDR. Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 18 May 2007 - 07:12 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

Be aware though that CDR files are vector-graphics files (as in a freehand drawing made up of lines and shapes, whereas a JPG file is a "bitmap" as in a digital photo image. They are two completely different types which will become immediately obvious when you view a CDR graphic that's been converted from a JPG.

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

I'm assuming you wish to convert to the file format *.cdr and not copy files to a CD-R disk?
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who is running the store?

• Members
  • 2,527 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

I'm confused -

In Corel Draw 12, can't you "open" a jpg file?

If so, can't you then "save as" a cdr file?

Posted Image
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#6 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

I converted a CDR file to Jpeg before... but in this case,i'll have to do it the other way around :thumbsup:
I use CorelDraw X3 you probably must also have CorelPhotoPaint
if you don't have,the operation is impossible without it
Also Im not quite sure if this would work as my only concern is transfering the file from Xnview to CorelPhotoPaint since i don't know what extension can CorelPhotoPaint handle
If you want to do so,follow these steps:
1st Download the ff:
XnView (You may download the standard version but i recommend the complete one :trumpet: )
Ghost script (Not sure if you need it in the process but we'll see later on)
2nd Open the file using XnView
Click on File>Save As>Type the name then on the "Save As Type",click on the drop down arrow
save it as "TIF"
Then open CorelPhotoPaint open the file that you have just saved
If it doesn't work,try going back to XnView then save it as "PNG" or if you find "GIF" much better :inlove:
Back in PhotoPaint,open the file that you have recently saved in Xn view and save it as "GIF"
3rd If it does work,last step
Open your CorelDraw then open the file
And there you have it :flowers:

Edited by Commander Gman, 24 May 2007 - 12:30 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#7 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

Hmmm....I simply opened up Corel draw 9, File>Open and opened up a random .jpg on my hard drive, then File>Save as and selected ".cdr" as a file type, then clicked OK. To double check, I went into Windows explorer and viewed the file type of the image and it said .cdr. Does Corel draw 12 not have this option to save as a .cdr?
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#8 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who is running the store?

• Members
  • 2,527 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

Hmmm....I simply opened up Corel draw 9, File>Open and opened up a random .jpg on my hard drive, then File>Save as and selected ".cdr" as a file type, then clicked OK. To double check, I went into Windows explorer and viewed the file type of the image and it said .cdr. Does Corel draw 12 not have this option to save as a .cdr?

I'd swear I'd heard someone ask that question before?

:thumbsup:

Posted Image
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#9 jargonsix

jargonsix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

I have the perfect answer for you.. www.filespazz.com. i used them constantly because i do alot of graphic designs alot different types of clients. And they provide me with different formats. LOL

You upload the corel file and pick the file you want to be converted and with 5 minutes, they will email you the file converted file for FREE.

good luck, i hope that helps you..

#10 Platypus

Platypus

• 5,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:05 AM

If you place a bitmap image into Corel Draw and save the file, it will be a bitmap in a vector workspace. The bitmap object won't become a scalable vector object. For example you could draw a picture frame in CD, and drop a .jpg of a tree into it. The file would save as a .cdr, and the frame would scale to any size, but the image is a bitmap and cannot scale without interpolation aberrations.

Corel Trace can create an equivalence to a bitmap, which comes out as shown here:

http://thephotofinishes.com/coreldesuite.htm

It can produce useful effects, but it's not feasible for a photographic image to be described by vectors.
Pleased to have been a Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2007/8, 2008/9

Great minds like a think.

#11 3dfan

3dfan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:10 AM

I use Corel Draw to convert my graphics into cdr and it works! Try and you will get positive result!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users