Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plugtmp Folder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manjari

manjari

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

I couldn't delete the Plugtmp folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

The folder was created all of a sudden coz i used to delete all the temp files usually after i browse and today i noticed this folder and when i tried to delete it i got the message that The folder is not empty and could not be deleted. I opened the folder to find a file named "s". The size is 0 bytes for this folder. What exactly is this Plugtmp and why did it come all of a sudden in temp folder. What is its function? I want to delete it .... How could i do that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 22,956 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:17 AM

I believe that the Plugtmp folders are temp folders created when you view streaming video and audio. Try deleting it in safe mode.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:02 AM

This folder appears to be apart of Firefox.

Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2005-28
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users