Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Windows Xp Home Edition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sporey

Sporey

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:09 AM

My computer has a built in recovery system. Now, when I try to format my computer with the recovery system, it says "Partition cannot be created. System Recovery cannot continue."

If anyone could help me with this it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:52 AM

If you do not have the System Recovery CDs the first thing I would do it order a set from HP before the stop offering them.
What is the model of you computer?

Edited by acklan, 19 March 2007 - 02:53 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Sporey

Sporey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

I have an HP Pavilion 7955 Desktop PC. I tried obtaining a recovery CD but couldn't get one from the customer care page. Apparently, they either ran out or don't have any more copies of recovery disc for my system.

So, I can't do anything about this error message?
"Cannot create partition. System Recovery cannot continue"

#4 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

The part# for that recovery kit is 5066-0364.
HP no longer supplies them directly, you can probably still find them from 3rd party internet resellers.

Although as old as the computer is you might consider if it's worth putting time into it vs. getting a newer machine.

Myself I would do some tests on the hardware to make sure you don't have a bigger hardware failure before I order any software to fix it. The ultimate boot cd has a bunch of RAM and hard drive tests you could run on it if you choose to try that. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com
Posted Image

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

If in the US, check with local retailers that also repair computers (BestBuy for example). They may have an older CD set on hand - or may be able to locate one that's similar enough for you to use.
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users