Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Won't Respond To Anything!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SML

SML

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:59 PM

I stupidly downloaded some software from what I assume was an unreliable source. For some reason my McAfee didn't intercept and I'm pretty sure I have a vicious virus. I now can't open any programs including McAfee, IE etc. The ones that do open freeze or just stop responding. When I click End Program, the screen does not always repopulate with program icons, just my screensaver. It is a nightmare. Help please! I should point out that I will need my hand held all the way as I have virtually no technical knowledge.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

You are infected alright. What you will need to do is either create a log on BC so the Hijack team can help you fix the problem or you can reinstall Windows onto your system. :thumbsup:
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

Please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, Not Here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users