Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gofoxy...godie!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 antonyfl

antonyfl

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:12 AM

My older sister is using this program called "Foxy" on another computer. It is a P2P program like Kazaa, Limewire, etc but it is in mandarin. My older sister can read mandarin because she lived in Taiwan for a while. I am on a sepparate computer. Everytime my sister uses "Foxy", My computer gets no internet. I cant even get onto Google.
My question is, Can someone post on their forums, or give me a program that can limit the bandwidth that her computer uses or how much bandwidth "Foxy" uses?
Heres the website: http://www.gofoxy.net/foxy/homepage/index.jsp

Note:I cannot uninstall it or disable it. I want to limit the bandwidth of the program or her computer. She is using a laptop and most of the time using wireless internet.
I have downloaded a program called NetLimiter PRO 2. It is the full version but only evaluation for 28 days. Can someone teach me to use this program or find another program that I can use that does the same?

Thanks a lot

Edited by antonyfl, 11 March 2007 - 08:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

If the programme is useless, why not delete it?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 6,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

When you say you can't mess around with her settings, are you using a guest account?
Does the program show up in task manager?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#4 antonyfl

antonyfl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

@ jqweed. Im not using it. Its my older sisters program. I am using a sepparate computer.
@ buddy well.. i CAN mess around with her settings. no quest account. But i cant read the chinese

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 6,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

You are doing a good job of confusing me. Do you want to delete the program, repair it, stop it from running or what?
Your first post led be to believe you were using the computer.
If neither one of you can read the language then like JGweed said, uninstall it. Does it show up in Add/ Remove?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

And since nobody else asked, is this your computer?

#7 antonyfl

antonyfl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

k sorry my bad. I was typing up the answers and the question up late at night. Let me rewrite it a little.

My older sister is using this program called "Foxy" on another computer. It is a P2P program like Kazaa, Limewire, etc but it is in mandarin. My older sister can read mandarin because she lived in Taiwan for a while. I am on a sepparate computer. Everytime my sister uses "Foxy", My computer gets no internet. I cant even get onto Google.
My question is, Can someone post on their forums, or give me a program that can limit the bandwidth that her computer uses or how much bandwidth "Foxy" uses?
Heres the website: http://www.gofoxy.net/foxy/homepage/index.jsp

Note:I cannot uninstall it or disable it. I want to limit the bandwidth of the program or her computer. She is using a laptop and most of the time using wireless internet.
I have downloaded a program called NetLimiter PRO 2. It is the full version but only evaluation for 28 days. Can someone teach me to use this program or find another program that I can use that does the same?

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Changed first post.

#8 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

You can not put anything on your computer that is going to throttle bandwidth on her computer unless she she shares an Internet connection with you that runs through your computer. Is that the case?

#9 antonyfl

antonyfl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:00 AM

yea she does. We are both connected via router

#10 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

If you are both running through a router, then she is not connecting through your computer, and you can not install anything that is going to limit her bandwidth.

#11 antonyfl

antonyfl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:45 PM

no way to make the router limit bandwidth? :thumbsup: ok then is their sum way to stop Foxy from using so much bandwidth?

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,282 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

and you can not install anything that is going to limit her bandwidth.

I repeat what Groovicus stated above. No you cannot, in the current configuration, you describe, limit your sister's Foxy induced bandwidth use. Does that answer your question?

The only thing you can do is remove her connection from the router. By having her turn off her machine or her Foxy connection. Thats it. Nothing else in the current configuration of how you describe it will work.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

raybcuserbar.jpg

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#13 antonyfl

antonyfl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:26 PM

I know that... sorry bad english again -.-

what i meant was: Does anyone know how to change the settings on the Foxy program so it uses less bandwidth? It may or may not have that setting but i cannot confirm this due to my language barriar. Does anyone know mandarin on this forum?

#14 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

Have you thought to maybe just ask your sister?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users