Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Drag And Drop (xp Home)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ytka

Ytka

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

Hi, I just signed up and I've got a problem. I cannot drag and drop files. All of the other features of my mouse work correctly, so I've got a feeling that it is a software issue. I've checked the device manager and it says the mouse is working correctly. I also checked for an updated driver with no results. Any suggestions? I can still cut and paste, but programs like UnFreeze require me to drag and drop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:02 AM

Is this solved? What type of mouse do you have?

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

Try this tip.

Cannot drag/drop icons or files on desktop or in windows explorer
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

#4 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Did you check to see if the drag and drop function has been enabled in Windows Explorer? This function is enabled via the Taskbar and Start Menu applet.

| Start >> Control Panel >> Taskbar and Start Menu |

Once the applet opens, you will want to click on the Start Menu tab, then click the Customize radio button. That will bring up the Customize Start Menu applet, and you'll want to click the Advanced tab. Ensure that the Enable drag and drop check box has been selected.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users