Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton 2006 - Liveupdate Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gordon20murray

gordon20murray

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:05 AM

Hello, I have a problem with Norton Internet Security suite 2006, in particular the liveupdate gives me errors updating the following;

Norton program update
Norton Internet Security 2006 update
Norton Protection centre 2006 update
Common client ccproxy
Symantec common client.

Symantecs suggestion was to download LUsetup.exe, remove liveupdate, restart then install lusetup.
Same problem recurred, so ran Norton Removal tool, restart, re-installed the whole suite, ran liveupdate, same problem and symantecs suggestion is to .... download LUSetup etc etc, im going round in circles.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

I would suggest looking into a suite of FREE programs instead. For example:

-AVG Free Edition
-AVG Antispyware
-A-Squared Free AntiSpyware
-ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
-WinPatrol
-CCleaner (the slim version is recommended. No Yahoo Toolbar)

All of these programs 'cept for the AVG ones can be downloaded for free @ www.download.com

Trust me, Norton had its day in the spotlight. Now its time for the freebies.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users