Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Services

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mrx9

Mrx9

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:44 AM

I have Intel Viiv 1.6 installed on a new Vista HTCP.
There isn't much right about viiv at the moment.
The resume technology doesn't work and the entertainment pass is not available.

I am trying to solve a problem where hibernate invariable doesn't work, and at the same time trying to improve overall performance by disabling services I do not need.

I have tried to find info on the following but cannot find the details of these services and want to know if they are safe to disable:
Intel Remoting Service - Remote UI Service.exe
Intel Application Tracker - MCLServiceATL.exe

Thanks for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

Hi there,

After reading the descriptions of those services from HiJack this logs, and verifying the types of
Stacks running within those services, the first;

Intel Remoting Service - Remote UI Service.exe

Appear to be running a remote User Interface as a service allowing applications to bind to the service and
connect directly to a remote machine hosting content that provides a Viiv Certified Experience.

The Second;

Intel Application Tracker - MCLServiceATL.exe

Is quite Obvious as expected, this service provides quality of service to specific programs that retrieve Viiv content, and May also provide for some type of diagnostic Interface for programmers.

Therefore, disabling these services may be a bad idea if you like the Idea a Viiv. furthermore, as a general rule, I would only disable them in the matter of disabling Viiv altogether b/c Viiv by Nature is looking for Specific Hardware requirements;

IE, Dual Core Processor, GMA9000 Graphics Processer, 945 series chipsets, and Intel Matrix Raid Technology. Oh and Dolby Digital Sound Or better.

And if you do disable any services, Don't USE MSConfig to permanently Stop a service.

Either use the Services Console, or Disable your Services the same way you would with a Startup Application VIA The Registry.

DISCLAIMER!
Making changes to the Registry, Kernel API's, or System Services may result in undesirable effects.
Do this at your own Risk.

#3 Mrx9

Mrx9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for a clear and full response.
It is best now for me to leave them as they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users