Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Cannot Get Rid Of Adaware.zango - Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 woodman

woodman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:35 AM

Hi, I hope you can help me. Norton has shown that I have Adaware.Zango. I have run Adaware & Ewido bit they have not found it. I have gone in to my add/remove programmes as I was initially told but nothing is in there. Is there any easy way to get rid of it.

Mny thanks in advance

Woody

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:46 AM

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users

* Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
* When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
* There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
* When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab.
* Click the dated log and press View log. A text file will appear so you can see the results.
* Select close to exit the program.
* Scan in SAFE MODE

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 6,031 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:24 AM

How do I uninstall Zango Search Assistant and Zango products?

Zango Search Assistant can be easily and completely uninstalled by choosing "Add or Remove Programs" from your Control Panel. Select “Zango Search Assistant” and follow the onscreen prompts to completely remove the application.

Step-by-step instructions:

1. Go to Start Menu
2. Select Control Panel
3. Select Add or Remove Programs
4. Click on Zango Search Assistant
5. Select Change/Remove
6. Follow onscreen prompts to completely remove the application

If the uninstall process was not successful, try the following alternative method.
Open. www.zango.com/Uninstall/ZUninstaller.exe

Click Run. A box should appear that says "ZUninstaller successful".
With these instructions, you should have been able to uninstall Zango.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#4 woodman

woodman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

Many thanks for your help that worked a treat.

It is really appreciated

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users