Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cars, Light Trucks And Motorcycles

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

Few things Ive learned over the years

1) If a Detroit Diesel Dosen't leak its not running right
2) If a diesel engine doesnt blow just a hint of black smoke its not running right
3) the 350 Vortec from a late model full size blazer can be bored .090 over w/o sleeveing it
4) Internationals are best left where they belong (in a field spreading manure)

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:57 PM

My favorite was a 1963 Dodge Dart , Canary yellow, and I shoehorned a hemi into it. Also had a 69 Cyclone GT that could kick some butt. Somewhere I still have a picture of my 47 Indian Chief
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 05 March 2007 - 03:58 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#33 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:53 PM

Well duh to me! Could have sworn I'd just done this but it's not showing so am trying again - my apology if it shows up twice - eep!

Really do hope you get a scanner so we can see all the great cars you've had, Cowboy - and if you can't find the actual photos garmanma, The Terrorist and everyone, I suspect no one will mind if we cheat a bit and use Google to find an image of an identical make/model/year :thumbsup:

Below is the photo I'd been searching for earlier of my 1975 Camaro (back then, new and fully loaded it was $7,500) - and also the photo of my husband's 1975 T-Bird (fuly loaded, it was $10,000 new).

Posted Image

Posted Image
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#34 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:59 PM

Oops, forgot the photo of the below car - and embarassing as it is, I need some help remembering the details of it.

The man in the photo bought it brand new and we purchased it from him for our girls to share when they got their driver's licences in 1988 (mainly because having them learn in a 'big boat' seemed preferably to teaching them to drive in ours - and besides, with 4 girls all wanted to use our car, when would we get to drive it?! :thumbsup:

Anyway, can't remember if it was a Pontiac or Chevy - or what model it was! Drat!

Posted Image
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#35 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:19 PM

Thanks so much for sharing these Photos for all of us to see.MaraM. Well Done.:thumbsup:
They were so solid back in those days.I miss all the Chrome that used to be all over them.
Now all the Bumper Bars are just cheap Colour Coded Plastic.
One small bump and the Bumper Bars fall off onto the Roadway.
I can't see many of these New cars being Restored in the future as Classics.

#36 cowboy357

cowboy357

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

Very nice Pic,s MaraM, Thanks for sharing. I just thought I,d let You know the brown thunderbird was either a 77 thru 79 , because of the regtangle porthole. The earlier models were longer & sleaker much like the lincoln mark 4,s. I had a 78, same color but no ttops. & also loaded with that exeption & had the brown velour interior. Very nice car. I cant wait to get a scanner so I can share some of My pic,s. & also the last car was a pontiac. I think around 1977 but cant be sure of the name. But also a very nice car. Cowboy
Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

#37 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

Can't wait to see them,Cowboy.I went out yesterday and bought a new Scanner/Printer.All I have to do now is find out how to work the mudder.I havent a clue as yet.Want to show a photo of the Mustang I had.
I slotted a fully worked fuel injected Big Block Chevy Engine into it.Was out to 468 Cubes.Show Car.

Edited by DSTM, 07 March 2007 - 02:47 AM.

#38 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

Very nice Pic,s MaraM, Thanks for sharing. I just thought I,d let You know the brown thunderbird was either a 77 thru 79 , because of the regtangle porthole. The earlier models were longer & sleaker much like the lincoln mark 4,s. I had a 78, same color but no ttops. & also loaded with that exeption & had the brown velour interior. Very nice car. I cant wait to get a scanner so I can share some of My pic,s. & also the last car was a pontiac. I think around 1977 but cant be sure of the name. But also a very nice car. Cowboy

Oh dod, you're so very right, Cowboy!! Thank you!! Both the camaro and the Thunderbird were bought in 1978! It was my AMC Pacer that I bought in 1975! A huge duh to me and thanks again for the correction! (And please, no mean jokes about my Pacer - I loved that car! :thumbsup:. And thanks for letting me know the red and white was a pontiac - how I wished I written on the back of these photos - and wish even more so, I'd taken pictures of every car we've owned.

Edited by MaraM, 06 March 2007 - 04:03 PM.

#39 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

My first "car" was a 1950 Chevy ex-"Jewel Tea" company panel vehicle.
I bought it for cash $300 USD in late 1959 with 280,000 miles plus on it.

6 cyl and a 4 speed standard. Twin 20 gallon fuel tanks, one on each side.
The color was what is called UPS Brown now.
I had a friend repaint it Dark Blue. Tho' after two years the brown started to show through.

I was 15 by the time I got it running well and could pay for insurance.
And yes, back then 14 year olds living on farms were licensed to drive for farm work in many USA states, and we abused the privileges often.

It was a real "hauler". Four teens seated across the bench seat, and six down each side of the cargo area, on four sets of older Chevy Sedan rear seats that I installed, for a total of 16 teens running amok.... Once I had 20 aboard and got a ticket for it too! (Cost me $5 USD for each of the four not sitting in a seat but on the floor down the middle of the Pannel Truck. There were no seat belts or any required back then either. The only windows were what you see showing in the cab area. There was only one mirror on the drivers side door.

That fine truck died a nasty death in a barn fire in early 1964. I think she committed "vehiclecide", as she didn't want to or couldn't haul the "band" anymore. She had more than 560,000 miles on the same engine and tranny with only minor repairs to either. She gave an honest 12 mpg back then on 87 octane, tho' she would only run at 74 mph top speed and a bit down hill. Ha ha. And I don't think she ever had a matched pair of tires either as long as I owned her.

I've owned Corvettes, Jag's and other "large" cars since then that weren't as much fun. But that's a whole other story.

Anyone here ever owned a Saleen Mustang?
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#40 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,329 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

One of the cars my dad bought was a huge dark brown Oldsmobile, very used and rusty in hidden places. I don't know what year it was, but it was very rectangular-shaped and was a very long car. One day when my brother was going to drive, my mom was getting into the back seat and as she stepped on the floor her foot went straight through to the ground. We 'fixed' the hole by opening huge three-ring binders and sliding them under the remaining carpet to anchor them down over the hole. We continued to use the car for a few more years.
-------------
This picture comes pretty close to what my mom's car looked like: http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B19849.jpg

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#41 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

Nice pics Mara, my camaro looked a lot like that, but black. Cowboy, where did you learn to air brush? My wife paints and tried to air brush a few years ago on her own but gave up. She could find no classes and very little in books or tapes to help her. I was just wondering if there was something we missed, since she still has the air brush and compressor. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#42 cowboy357

cowboy357

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

Well WildaBeast, It was Kind of by accident. I was brought up in the trucking business. My Dad had a small company & had 4 tracter Trailers. When I was about 10 years old I was out in the shop & I found this old binks Wren airbrush in my Dads tool box & I was playin with it, Dad came out & seen Me & hooked it up to the air & put some paint in it & I started painting on the walls of the shop.

Well after painting the entire inside of the shop with. dot,s & dagger,s & squigly,s . Writing my name in perty much every way possible. About a month after I started playing with it. My Dad decided it was time to put My newfound talent to use. & Paint His name on the doors Of His Brand new White Freightliner tractor. Well He liked the style of font that I came up with. & had Me do the other 3 tractors. Then a few murals on the trucks and trailers. Then on His Friends vehicles. & it just kept going from there.

little did I know He actually was used to paying a sign painter to do this type of stuff. So He figured what all of My work was worth & even charged his friends. & He had saved all of the money for me to invest into, New airbrushes, paints & equipment . It just kinda took off from there. Exept, I then got interested in old cars taught myself how to weld, ( Cuz I watched My Dad all the time ) Started doing bodywork . Then soon cutting up cars , customizing them & of coarse Airbrushed paint jobs.

So Thats My story, sorry there wasn,t no easy way to say I just picked it up & started. Because most people think it,s so easy, At that early age, I had know pressure to do good. So therefor never really picked up any bad habits that people tend to Start off with when they try to learn at an older age. Plus as far as perty pictures I only painted what was in My head. Not copying other peoples work or reference pictures. & trust Me back then the paint available was laquer & the fumes off of that stuff can help create quite an imagination Lol. Sorry to write a book . But Tell Yer wife not to give up. What kinda brush do,es She have? & where abouts are You Located ? I have a few airbrush magazine,s She might find very usefull. that I would be glad to Mail You. if it would help Her get interested again . Cowboy
Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

#43 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the offer cowboy, but she's not into that now. We moved here a few years ago and she doesn't even know where the airbrush is right now. I'm sure it made the move tho.
Thanks again... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#44 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,443 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:56 AM

Ok I cheated after a week of searching for the pics of the 71 I googled it and even found one in the same current color (Majestic Red more like orange) Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:29 AM

Very nice!!! (Cheating is good in this case :thumbsup: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users