Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Background Is White

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dan9119a

dan9119a

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

No matter what I change my desktop background to or how I go about changing it, it always stays blank. The selected background will appear shortly after startup and then it will change to a blue background for a moment and then it turns all white and stays that way. The icons show up allright. Has anyone had this problem? I have scanned my computer with anti-virus and anti-spyware and even paid for RegCur software to correct the problems found in my directory. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:15 AM

Open your Control Panel/Display/Desktop tab/click on the Customize Desktop button.
Now click on the Web tab/uncheck the box next to My Current Home Page and any other listed web items. Make sure the box next to "Lock desktop items" is unchecked.
Apply and OK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "problems" you had (spyware?) added a white html page. When selected in web items, it covers the existing desktop.
Unchecking it, removes it from the desktop. If the file name is mentioned in Web Items, after disabling it, you can search for it on your hard drive and delete it.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 dan9119a

dan9119a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:53 PM

Thanks, that did the trick. My desktop is now what I want it and not just all white. Now can you help me to get my internet connection right. Everytime I start up my computer, it auto dials 2222. Again, I go into control panel and change it but it never takes effect.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:21 AM

Good.

I've noticed that you reported the "dialing 2222" problem before in This Thread.
Did you find a new ISP?

What "problems" were found by RegCur ?
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 dan9119a

dan9119a
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

No, I have stayed with Netzero. When I ran RegCur, it found something like 1362 errors and supposedly fixed all of them but 6, which where all in the same catagory. I do not know what the errors were without going back and looking at the report.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

Why don't you try running the Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users