Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed To Connect To Web Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

Sometimes when I go to a webpage, I get a Message saying Failure to Connect to Web Server. thats it no Please Try again. Nothing.... I refresh the page and it works fine. Do you know what could be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:57 AM

There are a million reasons for that happening and there are a millions answers too.

Just to be basic,

a. Are you using any type of firewalls? If so, it can cause a page to not load, then refresh it and it'll load.
b. It could be connection problems between your isp and the target server.
c. It could be that the server you're trying to connect to is having issues. If it's happening on more than one web site, then you have a connection issue, and it could be your isp as the problem.

I don't know which browser you use, but if you are using Firefox, and you're using ShowIp, just go to your command prompt:

Click on the Start button............
Then click on Run.....................
Then type in cmd in the area.. then click the OK button..................
It'll bring up a command screen (DOS window).............................

While in there just type ipconfig /all ....... it'll list every network connection you have.. (just for future references)

after you do that, just type ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = ip address you're trying to connect to. ......... or
domain-name.com (the name of the domain) DO NOT use http://www. or similar. Just the domain name and the extension example, .com, .org, .net, .biz, etc..

It'll inform you if it's connecting to the ip address/domain or not.
=====================================================================

1. How long has this problem been happening?

Also, clear out your cache, cookies and whatever else you may know that could be interfering with your connection. Which means, temporarily turning off your firewalls and other programs that block web sites. Make sure to check your Windows Firewall, and if you're using another one (highly suggested) make sure the Windows Firewall is turned off.

#3 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:27 AM

Its been happning about 4 months now. Im using Satelite Internet could this have anything to do with it? Also im only using 1 firewall and thats the Windows Firewall. I do have a router but Firewall/DMZ is turned off. (I know it needs to be on but I play a game alot and dont always have access to it to turn it off) And its any web page could be google.com bleepingcomputer.com ebay.com etc. Im also using wireless network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users