Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Senslogn (sys.ini) - Should Be Removed?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lille

Lille

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:57 PM

I was checking system startup in Spybot and it shows:

System. ini SensLogn(value) and WlNotify(command line)

I checked for information at www.systemprocess.com and it listed the following

"senslogn is an advertising program by AbetterInternet Spyware. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system."

It recommends immediate removal and has a scan which it claims will do so.

I have checked this site for more info on senslogn and have found no information. Does anyone have information about this or about the trustworthiness of systemprocess (shown as Uniblue)? Is removal recommended and, if so, what should I use to do so?

I am not technically adept.

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 08 February 2007 - 02:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:12 PM

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users

* Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
* When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
* There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
* When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab.
* Click the dated log and press View log. A text file will appear so you can see the results.
* Select close to exit the program.
* Scan in SAFE MODE

#3 Lille

Lille
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

Thank you, Fozzie. I have done as you recommended and it found 23 items that had not been removed by spybot and adaware, nor by McAfee. They are removed and I thank you again for your time and effort and the good results.

Lille

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users