Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Desktop Won't Come Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pez4me

pez4me

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

When I start my computer my desktop won't come up instead its a white screen; it came up before and ran it through safe mode and cleaned it and it was working now it's doing it again and it woun't let me run it through safe mode I don't know what's wrong and how to fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jombee

Jombee

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

elaborate on "won't let me in safe mode"

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:01 PM

Elaborate on "cleaned it."

#4 pez4me

pez4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:03 PM

i change to system restore but it still goes back to awhite screen in safe mode its ok as for cleaning i run avg scanner through it and it still has a white screen

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:14 AM

Some tools won't allow you to run them in Safe Mode (has to do with access rights, permissions, services, etc).

If you can't get into any Windows to do anything - then I'd suggest a repair install of Windows: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If that doesn't work, then the next step would probably be a clean install of Windows: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users