Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Find Serial # When Reinstalling Ms Wordperfect Office 11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sherrilw

sherrilw

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:11 AM

Hi,

I removed Word and tried to reinstall but they want a serial number. I put in the numbers and letters I found on the disc but it said they were invalid and to contact Corel. We bought the Computer about a year ago and I can't find the paperwork that came with it. If I would have known that I would have to put in serial numbers, I probably would have tried to fix the problems as opposed to removing it and trying to reinstalling it. Does anyone know where I can find the serial number? I went to Corel's website and they have an 800 number and I copied it down and I will call tomorrow if no one knows where to find this number that they want. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Sherri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

I'm more than a little confused, Sherri, and perhaps you may be too. You see, WordPerfect belongs to Corel sure enough, But you also seem to be referring to Microsoft (MS?) Word, which belongs of course to Microsoft.

Corel WordPerfect and Microsoft Word are two different applications. Not surprisingly, the serial number belonging to one will not be valid for the other.

Edited by pip22, 05 February 2007 - 01:50 PM.

#3 sherrilw

sherrilw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:13 AM

Hi Pip,

I just loaded MS Word that I had from another computer that I have. The product key was on the package that it came with so I didn't have any problems after I remembered that I had that option and it works great. No weird things happening all the time like the one that I removed last night. Thanks for your help.

Sherri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users