Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is Contentsafer For Wizmax?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GCMM

GCMM

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hello to all

On my computer, I went to add/remove programs in the control panel and I found that 'ContentSAFER for Wizmax' is installed. Does anyone know what this application is?

Is my computer infected with some sort of spyware, malware or virus?

If anybody could possibly help and assist me with this problem please, I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much

Regards

GCMM

Edited by GCMM, 05 January 2007 - 03:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

This is all I have been able to find with that name:

http://www.markany.com/eng/pro02.htm

Note: I could very well be something else. There is a lot of mimicry of program and file names by baddies.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:03 AM

I have done a search as well, this is a sort of DRM Digital Right Manager. If you not willingly have installed it I would remove it from your computer. After that I would download install and update Ccleaner
After installing and updating go to options - advanced and tick prompt for registry back ups
Now Start up in safe mode
Do two runs

a) Click on problems and tick all. Click on analyse. At the end you will be prompted for storing a backup.
This will be stored, as a default, in My documents.
:thumbsup: Click on cleaner click on analyse and accept all files to be removed.

#4 sapmanie

sapmanie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:40 AM

Hi,
This is anti-piracy software from http://www.markany.com (as identified by Orange Blossom below), and is installed by some well-known applications. I believe Paint Shop Pro XI may be one such application and Samsung Media Studio definitely is.

If you remove WizMax, I would imagine such applications would not work anymore, but I'm not sure.

Edited by sapmanie, 09 April 2007 - 11:06 AM.

#5 Akasha74

Akasha74

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:04 AM

Thanks sapmanie, I just found that on mine and was wondering where it came from. My flatmate just got a samsung MP3 player so my guess is that it came in from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users