Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dr. Web Cure It?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:30 AM

I have had issues with my Any Dvd program not being able to update to the last 3 versions properly after using the product for close to 3 years now.
Have communicated with Slysoft and been in forums; neither of which have been helpful.

First I was told in a Forum by Slysofts Rep that I should use the Dr. Web Cure It?? to get rid of a Trojan that hooks onto Any Dvd occasionally so he alleged. There was quite a buzz in the Forum about the lack of security for a purchased Forum and then the discussion ceased as if the comment were never made.

I was told that the nastie is "sdchsvc.exe" or "nssbsvc.exe" and the Sly Rep after questioned by other members could not provide any google info on this alleged nastie that I may be infected with and the discussion virtually stopped as he had no advice on where to get info on it and of course there were concerns from members about why buy a program when it allows this nastie allegedly to hook on. Once the dialogue went in that direction the discussion stopped and went into another direction.

First, anyone heard of this "nastie", and I should say on my system which is xp, sp2, pent 4, 512 RAM, 1.6 ghz, mobile processor; I run NAV, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster, intermittent use of Avert Stinger, and Trojan Hunter, I have a Router and use Alpha Shield. Also IE 6 for the time being.

I try this Dr. Cure It which the Rep in the Forum gives me this Link for as he claims this is the only app that will rid of the nastie if I have it and I get this Error:

The archive is either unknown or damaged.

"Cannot open C:\Documents and Settings\Georgia\Local Settings\Temp Internet Files\Content.IE5\OPABGPER\cureit[1]exe
This was a WINRAR Self extraction.

When you click on the D/L now it takes you to Install and then this error occurs as described above.

I have tried to rid of this Dr. Cure It in its present state and try a reinstall but this original one keeps sitting there when I do my" search" , so I can't try to redownload it.

I am no computer tech so I don't know why the program is stalled at this point??? And for that matter if it is a decent program as it is free. I am not implying that there is an issue with free programs, simply that I can't find anyone in 4 forums that will comment on the app.

Then after I sent all of the Details of my purchased Any Dvd into Slysoft with my Registration and purchase receipt and key that one gets; I get a reply back that I should purchase another key and start over again.

The program has been working for 2 years + and no problems.
I see other members in the forum as frustrated as me being told to buy another key, however their problems are not version update problems like mine , other issues and many of them are very irritated b/c it is a $40 cost to buy another copy of their program.

I use this proggy when I do some of my backups to do decrypting with my 1 Click Dvd Copy, Nero etc which is on my other notebook which has another purchased copy of Any Dvd on it which is also not updating. So I am at my wits end!!! This will mean that I have to spend $80 for 2 more programs for 2 computers and I really don't know what the issue is.

I find the support for this product very poor, I explained to the Slysoft rep who said to use the Dr Web Cure that I was having problems as described earlier installing the App and he said to contact Dr Web; that it was not his problem. He listed NAV, Macafee, AVG etc as all being ineffective in ridding of this alleged "nastie". That even the Panda Active Scan would not rid of it???

I have posted in other forums and no response re this Dr Web and so I post here.
The Link given to me from Slysoft's Rep in the Forum:
My Webpage

Right now I am so frustrated b/c I update and scan daily with my Security programs and thought Trojan Hunter to be a good program as are my other Security apps and I should say over the past 3 years I have not had any sort of infection. I have had oddities where programs are incompatible but that goes without saying that this can certainly happen.

I would appreciate any replies regarding this as I am really frustrated and don't like the prospect of purchasing another 2 copies of the "Any Dvd" with this possibility of a Trojan hanging on (if that indeed is the issue). But as I said there does not appear to be any specific solution to my problem from Slysoft.
Simply suggestions.

My last version of Any Dvd is working fine it is simply not taking the updated versions which I should say, had some members in the forum complaining about when the updates of 2 of the new versions were installed on their computers that there were error messages indicating that their burners were not recognized and yet when they went into "My Computer" their external burners were indeed there.

Trying to get an answer from this Forum for Any Dvd without an innuendo that I am a Any Dvd basher and then I get my thread closed abruptly, is really annoying as all I want to do is get the program working.
I got PM's from other members that I mentioned that have had the program 2 years + and who are having problems with the app. but not the same as mine and they are being told like me to buy another program from them.

If this Dr Web allegedly can search for this Trojan that can hang onto Any Dvd I would like to try it, but at the moment I can't even get that app to work.

I really do look forward to your comments, thankyou

Edited by georgia, 20 December 2006 - 11:46 AM.

Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

Hay there georgia
can't help with the dvd thing , but "Dr Web Cure It" is listed as "trustworthy" at Spyware Warrior ,along with others as well . also lets you know what not to use as well. lots of good info there.
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-s...htm#trustworthy
---take care up there :thumbsup:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:09 PM

Please download Dr.Web CureIt from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Link 1
Link 2
Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).
  • Double-click on the randomly named file to launch the program.
    • When performing a scan in normal mode, Dr.Web CureIt will load in Enhanced Protection Mode (allowing it to operate even if malicious programs block access to the Windows interface) and provide a warning alert: To continue working in the EPM press "OK" (recommended), to switch to the standard mode, press "Cancel".
  • If prompted to Open the Purchase page now?, click No.
  • Click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version.
  • Read the anti-virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Yes where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs. Be patient as loading of this file is not immediate.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a preliminary scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If offered to buy Dr.Web Anti-virus at any point, just click the x button in the upper right corner to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
  • When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
-- If you cannot complete a scan, then try doing it in safe mode.

Edit: to update instructions.

Edited by quietman7, 08 February 2012 - 01:40 PM.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#4 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

Thx for the replies, we had a couple of software techies over for christmas dinner and so after we finished eating we tried to see if the Any Dvd alleged trojans that are potentially hangers on "sdchsvc.exe" and "nssbsvc.exe" and none were around. We used Dr Web Cure and as well some of their tools and my notebook is clean.
They googled for these alleged trojans and could find no info.

The program Any Dvd I bought in 2005, now there is a Christmas promo on to buy a new one. Seems strange my program kicks out and the second email from slysoft is to buy a new one???

I received PM's from members at CD Freaks who are having problems with programs of my vintage as well and they have received rude treatment from the Any Dvd component forum at that site and have had similar suggestions to what Slysoft has told me. Though there is no expiry on the program.
These members that have sent me PM's have other issues than mine, but have indicated that they are really fed up with the treatment from Slysoft.
Like me, all of their keys for the program work that you receive and are to save when you originally purchase the program; however the key will not get the program to work properly.

I thought that I should post this, as I really don't like what is going on here especially when I find other members in similar situations like mine and the company suggests to buy a new program.

#5 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:05 PM

I thought that I should post this, as I really don't like what is going on here especially when I find other members in similar situations like mine and the company suggests to buy a new program.

hummm...sounds like Linspire. If your not buying the "latest and greatest" they aren't making money , the dvd world changes alot in the span of a year from what I've read as the dvd makers keep putting in new "twist" and unless you get the new ver. yours may not be able to "straighten" it back out. it all has to do with DRM and what they think you can do with "your" property, if they want to "licence" dvds then they should just say so and make them a whole lot cheaper, other wise if you buy something you should be able to do what you want with it.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#6 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

This is a very strange program "Any Dvd", I believe that there was a bug in the 3 versions before the present 6.0.9.9 that finally I was able to upgrade the version to without any problem and actually burn dvd's with.
It seems to me that when you post in CD Freaks and ask for assistance describing your issue which was done by a few people, the forum there jumps all over the members posting issues and allege that they are using unpaid versions.
I knew a few of the posters as they are individuals that I know and they had such a horrible time getting any help except for innuendos that they were using an unpurchased program which I know they were not.

Then finally after the 6.0.9.9 version was released, the problems went away???

Maybe they changed their developer who makes the updates to the versions, who knows. But they definitely have a good corner on the market after Decrypter shutdown.

Just thought that I would post this.

And BTW, thx for the member who posted how to use Dr. Web Cure. I used it per the instructions and my notebook was clean which I had found with my existing programs; but it is nice to do a double check.
I think the alleged hangeron trojans to the Any Dvd was like buying time until the Bug was fixed and gave the members something to do while the problem was getting fixed, IMHO.

Thankyou again, best regards.

#7 tooquick2beslo

tooquick2beslo

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:18 PM

Instead of making a new thread I will just post in this one. Here is my log file from Dr. web.
I think I have fixed my problem. The only problem is my computer will not go back into regular mode. Even when I hit F8 at start up and click normal mode it still goes back to safe mode.
Any ideas to get it back to normal mode ?

Here is the log:

46255FCB;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Quarantine;Adware.Aws;Incurable.Moved.;
Process.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\10.32.56.78\smitRem;Tool.Prockill;Incurable.Moved.;
pv.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\10.32.56.78\smitRem;Program.PrcView.3741;Incurable.Moved.;
KillWind.exe;C:\hp\bin;Tool.ProcessKill;Incurable.Moved.;
WxBug.EXE;C:\Program Files\AIM\Sysfiles;Adware.Aws;Incurable.Moved.;
RealBar.dll;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Toolbar;Adware.MegaSearch.origin;Incurable.Moved.;
NPMYSRWB.DLL;C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
W6PLUGIN.DLL;C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin;Adware.Msearch;Incurable.Moved.;
Process.exe;C:\Program Files\SmitfraudFix\SmitfraudFix;Tool.Prockill;Incurable.Moved.;
restart.exe;C:\Program Files\SmitfraudFix\SmitfraudFix;Tool.ShutDown.11;Incurable.Moved.;
A0000017.DLL;C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7F7BE6F8-0D6A-488B-ABDC-75393719A72D}\RP1;Adware.Websearch;Incurable.Moved.;
Process.exe;C:\WINDOWS\system32;Tool.Prockill;Incurable.Moved.;

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

tooquick2beslo,
If you have a problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic.
This will help to avoid the confusion, of trying to help two or more people, in the same thread, with different problems.
Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be totally different due to different hardware, software, system requirements, etc....
This is also known as hijacking a thread, which is not considered to be proper forum etiquette.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users