Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Spades

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Walleye Mike

Walleye Mike

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

Hi,
I have recently been unable to access the spades lounges. When clicking on a lounge the new game window opens and I get a blank screen that says 'done' in the lower left hand like corner of the window. I lick on the 'click here' if applet does not load and the same thing happens, I get nothing.

I've reinstalled the new Java 5 update 9 and followed all the yahoo and java recommendations and have my scripts enabled, and security settings to their recommendations.

II've also tested my java settings through Java.com and they are all in working order.

One thing, I've removed the yahoo spades program download file and it has not asked to reinstall when I click on the yahoo spades even though the lounge room pops up, blank.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• BC Advisor
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:48 AM

I'd try to reinstall it again. Sometimes, when a program is uninstalled, it leaves some files behind. The game itself might be seeing these files left behind and think that the game is installed, so it won't ask you to install it again. Downloading and installing the game again might solve this dilema!

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:04 AM

FYI, it's Java 6 now. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#4 Walleye Mike

Walleye Mike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:42 PM

Thanks stevealmighty for your reply. I have previously went to C:WINNT/Downloaded Prorams and removed the yahoo spades program file. Despite doing this, when I click on a spades lounge the spades room pops up as if it is still installed. I would expect for a window to pop up asking me to install the program file again however this does not happen. It is acting like the file is still there. I just don't know how to reinstall the yahoo spades program file because I'm not able to find it anywhere on the yahoo site.

Any suggestions?

Mike

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 5,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:55 PM

http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question...4lQQ&show=7

check out the info in the two posts in the link above.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#6 Walleye Mike

Walleye Mike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:35 PM

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions. Until now I am still unable to get to the room. As before, the room/lounge window will pop up however it is blank apart from the advertising at the top and the headline of yahoo spades. At the bottom left hand corner I DO NOT get a message saying applet failed however it says "done", yet there is a blank content in the window.

I've deleted all temp files and cookies, removed the spades program file, set security settings to "low" and enabled scripts, java, etc. as all forums have suggested yet it still is not working. :thumbsup:

Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mike

#7 goo321

goo321

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

just wait a few days. I seem to have the same problem. I can log into all the other games (chess, etc..). And the page seems to show other people are playing spades fine as well. will switch jre's, clear cache, etc..

here are my errors in java console:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_09
Using JRE version 1.5.0_09 Java HotSpot™ Client VM
User home directory = C:\Docu

java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(Unknown Source)
load: class com.yahoo.games.client.spades.SpadesApplet not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.yahoo.games.client.spades.SpadesApplet
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
... 10 more

and so on.

Edited by goo321, 22 January 2007 - 12:22 AM.

#8 Walleye Mike

Walleye Mike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:53 AM

Still unable to access spades. I've had 8 replys from yahoo help and they are now repeating their responses and solutions. They've been no help at all! Let me know if you've figured out how to cure this. Thanks, Mike.

#9 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

Please uninstall all previous versions of Java.
at goo321Posted Image
Please start your own thread..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users