How To Exit From Safe Mode ?
Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:09 PM
Am using windows XP MCE on my laptop and wanted to enter windows in Safe Mode to run
an antivirus. So i ran "msconfig" and in the boot.ini tab i checked on the SAFEBOOT section.
So the next time it started in Safe Mode.
Now i want to go to Normal mode and so i pressed F8 when Xp was starting up and pressed
"Normal Mode" , but again it started in Safe Mode.
Do i need to go back and change it in msconfig ?
How do i access Msconfig from Safe Mode ? I clicked on "Start" , but i didnt see the
"Run" box ? So how do i access msconfig ?
Can i run that from command_prompt ? If so what is its location ?
Or should i change the boot.ini file ? If so where is it located ?
I know that this looks like a trivial problem , but please help me out.
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:23 PM
hope this helps
next time try getting to safe mode through your computer and not windows
Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:06 AM
* Download BootSafe and save it to your Desktop (or any location of your choice)
* Double click the BootSafe icon to start the program
* Select which Safe Mode you wish to boot - Minimal, Networking (typical), or Repair
* Click the Reboot button
* Once you have booted into Safe Mode, you can perform any actions needed, such as scanning for viruses, spyware, adware, malware or repairing a system component
* When you have completed your tasks, simply run BootSafe again and select the Normal Restart option and click the Reboot button and your computer will reboot in Normal Mode
Also, look at your Start Menu options. You may need to tick "Show Run".
Edited by mommabear, 28 November 2006 - 08:07 AM.
Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:20 AM
So yes you can run it from the command line.
Run it and undo what you checked or just select NORMAL on the first screen.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat
Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:02 PM
yeah that worked.....i found out msconfig.exe and executed that.....now am back in normal mode..
Another thing you can do is edit your boot.ini.....it is found in C:/ , if you have a backup taken before changing the system , then you can copy it over your current boot.ini
Thanks guys for all the suggestions....
Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:33 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users