I just found this at another forum and it's great. It's posted here several times too. For whatever reason, my system is set up strangely to get to Safe Mode. It takes more than just F8 and if my fingers aren't fast enough, I have to start over again, and again, til I get it. I just tried this and it works like a charm. Pay particular attention to the last instruction. Those who rebooted from the normal Start menu ended up having to rearrange all their desktop icons and/or just looped back to Safe Mode.
* Download BootSafe and save it to your Desktop (or any location of your choice)
* Double click the BootSafe icon to start the program
* Select which Safe Mode you wish to boot - Minimal, Networking (typical), or Repair
* Click the Reboot button
* Once you have booted into Safe Mode, you can perform any actions needed, such as scanning for viruses, spyware, adware, malware or repairing a system component
* When you have completed your tasks, simply run BootSafe again and select the Normal Restart option and click the Reboot button and your computer will reboot in Normal Modehttp://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html
Also, look at your Start Menu options. You may need to tick "Show Run".