Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't View Images On Websites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 apoovey

apoovey

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

I have noticed for the past week or so that I cannot view some images on websites. This is not affecting all websites, so I'm having problems figuring out why. All the images on homepages can be viewed, but when I click on a certain shopping category, I only see Red X's as placeholders---no images. I have added these webpages to the trusted section under "Internet Options". When I look at the properties on the images that won't open, it says "unknown" for size, date created,etc.

Can someone please help me figure out what's going on? I"m trying to do holiday shopping, and it's driving me crazy!!!! THANKS!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:10 PM

Try clearing out your Temporary Internet Files.
If that doesn't help, see if anything here helps:
Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 apoovey

apoovey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:26 AM

Last week I posted that I couldn't see images on some shopping websites (not all). I got this excellent reply:

Try clearing out your Temporary Internet Files.
If that doesn't help, see if anything here helps:
Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer (this was a link)

**I tried everything and I still can't see thumbnail images on the two websites that I'm trying to use. I restored my Internet Options "Advanced" tab to default in case I had clicked on something that messed the images up---no such luck! I have been able to see these thumbnails in the past, so I know it is something that can be fixed.

Please help---it's driving me crazy!!! Thanks!

Mod Edit: A secondary topic of the OP has been merged with this the initial topic.
As they both are dealing with the same un-resolved issue.

Edited by Scarlett, 18 November 2006 - 12:45 PM.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

Perhaps some of the images on these sites require that you be logged in as a Registered User in order to be able to view them.

If you try View/Source on any of those pages, you may see that the images are embedded and are actually produced by links to other web-pages.

I wonder if a Firewall setting could be blocking them?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 apoovey

apoovey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:53 PM

I am actually logged in to some of the sites where I can't see thumbnails. I can see all other images except the thumbnails. I don't know how to look up the source of the image...where do I find that info? I also turned off my firewall to see if that made a difference in viewing the images- it doesn't. Any other thoughts???

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:14 AM

I don't know how to look up the source of the image...where do I find that info?

Click View,then click Source.

Do you use Norton Anti Virus? If you do,try disabling NAVs script blocking and see if problems persist.
Or,do you use Norton Internet Security? Disable NIS and see if you are able to view the images.

Have you tried viewing these sites using another browser like Firefox?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:03 AM

Could it be simply a matter of turning off your adblocker? Have you tried that?

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users