Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Does My Ie 7 Browser Close On Its Own?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cute0206

cute0206

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

i've tried to use trend micro Housecall to do a scan twice, but 5-10 minutes into its running, my browser just closes with no pop up error window saying anything.
what went wrong?
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

Thats's happened to me before as well. Still not sure why it does that. You could do 1 of two things:

1. Try Bitdefender's online scan found here & see if it crashes as well: (note: this scan takes awhile to complete, so you'll have to be patient.)

Bitdefender Online Scanner

2. If you have/use Firefox try the Trend-Micro Scan found here:

Trend-Micro HouseCall

It doesn't list it, but it is compatiblie with Firefox 2, which is the latest version.

Edit: Just to bring up a point after reading boopme's questions below, it happened to me using IE 6 & 7. I tried it again at a later time without any problems.

Edited by hillbillygreek, 05 November 2006 - 03:39 AM.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

Was this an install over IE6? Was it upgadded over an earlier IE7?
Try running Windows Live OneCare
Click Only the box in mid page that says Full Service Scan,under the Wrench icon (tune up).
This may take a while to run, especially if it wants to defrag. Run the complete not quick scan.

Edited by boopme, 04 November 2006 - 10:47 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#4 cute0206

cute0206
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:51 PM

so is this live onecare software an alternative of the housecall or is it supposed to fix the problem i had with housecall? i'm trying live onecare right at this very moment though.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

No not a replacement rather a supplement. Trying to clean up some of the system the others don't. Then hopefully they will run.
You should note anything it find and doesn't remove

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2006 - 05:03 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#6 cute0206

cute0206
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:16 AM

nothing was found by running window live onecare. btw, my IE 7 browser doesn't just close during housecall scanning. when i tried to watch a video on yahoo music, it closed by itself as well. before i upgraded to IE 7, it was all fine. i guess the latest version is not always the best:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users