Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restarts After 2 Minutes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 9mmheater

9mmheater

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:12 PM

Ok at first my computer was doing good then one weekend it started shutting down every 20 minutes or so, So i used all the software i had at the time to try to stop it. Mcafee virus scan,Super Ad Blocker,spyware blaster. Wich they all found different stuff and i took care of it. Then it got down to only one program finding something wich was only one little thing so i just kept deleting that everyday. So that brings me to this week! I usualy leave my computer on for days at a time and this week i havent been able to do that. It restarts after 2 minutes of being logged on. I log in then two minutes later boom it restarts. I tryed logging in on diff acounts and it does the same thing. I couldent scan to see if anything was wrong so i restarted and log in with safe mode wich is what im doing right now. I scanned with all kind of different software McAfee Stinger,Trend Micro Sys Clean,McAfee Virus Scan,Antivir Scan,Avast! Scan,Super Ad Blocker,Spybot SD and many more other programs and only 2 of them picked up anything and it was a couple trojans wich i got rid of. I go to log in on my regular acount and of course 2 minutes later it restarts. I also tryed putting on the macafee securtiy thign but it wont let me enable it so i unistalled the whole thing and tryed installing this better version of all the mcafee stuff but it wont work.. i noticed that macafee said something about certain bot that restarts your computer simentaniosly wich i ended up looking it up on google and downloaded the mcafee stinger wich when i scanned dident find anything. So basicaly im in need of some good free software and advice...:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 budershank

budershank

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:39 PM

When you say trend micro do you mean the online scan? if not go to www.antivirus.com. If you have already tried that you can try www.ewido.com online scan, or try hijackthis. Of course you could save your time and just reinstall windows.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:23 PM

Hijack This log split and transfered to the Hijack This Logs and Analysis Forum - Enthusiast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users