Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Digital Imaging Monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hellamund

Hellamund

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Hello everyone, I recently got a HP Pavilion Slimline, and it came with this program called HP Digital Imaging Monitor. It runs on startup, and just recently I've been trying to make the computer as clean as possible by removing unnecessary programs and processes that start on startup. I've looked at this HP Digital Imaging Monitor program many times, not knowing what it is, and whether or not I should remove it from the startup list. It takes up just a little bit of memory, but if it's unnecessary, then I would want to remove it from the startup list.

Could someone please explain to me what the HP Digital Imaging Montior process is, exactly? I just want to know what it does, and if there would be any bad side effects if I remove it from the startup list.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• BC Advisor
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, Hellamund:

Here's the Start-up entry on our list. I also listed another source for confirmation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/h...nitor-9154.html

http://www.castlecops.com/s5680-HP_Digital...ng_Monitor.html

Hope that helps,
JC

#3 Hellamund

Hellamund
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

Hehe, I'm still really confused here. Is this program just like something that lets you access the printer and camera wizards faster?

The only transfering program that I use for cameras is the Scanner and Camera Wizard, and nothing else. I don't have a printer attached. Would this program be needed?

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:17 PM

It's a program that can be started manually, if you need to use it.
It's not necessary to have it running at startup.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:27 PM

Process Name : HP Digital Imaging Monitor

File Name : hpqtra08.exe

Description: System Tray access to HP Director. Required if you prefer to use the all-in-one buttons to manually scan documents or transfer photos from a camera, for example

Rating: Depends if the task is deemed necessary by you

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

I use it whenever I'm scanning. It's much better, IMHO, than MS's wizard. It also includes textbridge, I believe, which is something I don't often use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users