Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Followed Removal For Virusburst However Im Still Getting A Pop Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Traher

Traher

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:33 AM

Hi
Im new but I found this place got a virusburst malware on my computer.
I followed the instructions on removing the Virusburst malware and im still getting the yellow baloon pop up and I am getting a new pop up saying,

Critical System warning Your system is likely to be infected with latest version of Spyware.CyberLog-X etc etc Click hear to download official anti virus software.

Below is what c:\Program Files\Roguescanfix\task.txt says

Export SharedTaskScheduler key
------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
"{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

Id be very grateful or anyhelp anyone can offer.

Regards Anthony

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:42 PM

Please read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HighJackThis Log

Once you have done that, post a High-Jack-This log into the HJT forum section. It may take a little time in order to fix your problem, depending on the strength of infection. But, a team member there will talk you through what to do and help you fix your system.

The forum is always busy, and so are the HJT team, so please bare with them. Please allow up to 5 days for a reply. If you do not receive a reply after the 5 days, you can use the 'Have not had a reply in 5 days' log at the top of the HJT forum to let the team know.

Please DO NOT try to bump your post by adding another reply to it first time around.
The team will look for logs that have 0 replies, if you add somthing else after your original post, then you will give yourself a reply and the HJT team will think someone is already helping you and may pass it by.This will then take more time for you to recieve any help.

IMPORTANT: Once you have posted your HJT log, do not attempt to fix anything yourself , please wait for the team to help.

Good luck

Kind Regards
Graveangel!

Edited by graveangel, 09 September 2006 - 12:45 PM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 Martin42

Martin42

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hi
Im new but I found this place got a virusburst malware on my computer.
I followed the instructions on removing the Virusburst malware and im still getting the yellow baloon pop up and I am getting a new pop up saying,

Critical System warning Your system is likely to be infected with latest version of Spyware.CyberLog-X etc etc Click hear to download official anti virus software.

Regards Anthony

Ditto all of the above, followed your steps on removing Virusburst but ended up with another zlob trojan thingy that some sad git with nothing else better to do had dreamt up.

Please help

Martin

:thumbsup:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

Follow the instructions graveangel provided above for posting a log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, not here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users