Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gdiplus.dll not found

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Firerock

Firerock

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:35 PM

Hi,
After downloading XPSP2 i tryed to download wmp10. I got these massages. HEADER: Msmsgs.exe - unable to locate componet. BODY: This application failed to start because gdiplus.dll was not found Re - installing the application may fix the problem. After re-installing 5 times it did't work. When you click ok this message comes up. Header: Notifyalert.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Body: Application has generated an excption that could not be handled process id = 0x7b0 (1968),thread id = 0x7b4 (1972) I still get both messages at start up. After copying a gdiplus.dll and placing it in the wmp10 folder it works fine. but i still get the error messages.? I have 5 or 6 gdiplus.dll on my Pc. How do i solve this problem.? :thumbsup:

Edited by Firerock, 02 December 2004 - 01:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:26 AM

Get the latest one here and try again:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

#3 Firerock

Firerock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:15 PM

Hi,
I tryed it, it did not work.There are seven copys on my pc and it reads under properties of GDIPLUS.DLL each one, that they all open with windows media player.? After download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en it placed read text, see below . How do i locate and place these files where they are supose to go?. I have windows XPSP2 Home edition. verision 2002. :thumbsup:

.===========
Gdiplus.dll
===========

For Windows XP use the system-supplied gdiplus.dll. Do not install a new gdiplus.dll over the system-supplied version (it will fail due to Windows File Protection).

For Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98, install gdiplus.dll into the private directory of the application not into the system directory.

In addition to the rights granted in Section 1 of the Agreement ("Agreement"), with respect to gdiplus.dll for Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98, you have the following non-exclusive, royalty free rights subject to the Distribution Requirements detailed in Section 1 of the Agreement:

(1) You may distribute gdiplus.dll solely for use with Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98.

#4 Firerock

Firerock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:48 PM

Hi,
After getting no help from the moderating team in this fourm i solved the problem by placing gdiplus.dll in the system32 folder, by using the files supplied by http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en After download clicking browse and then finding system32 folder and then selecting it then clicking ok then unzip. As for the wmp10 i did manage to get it to work by copying gdiplus.dll and placing it in the wmp10 folder but it didn't get rid of the error message, now it does. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,366 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved it.. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner but was away on vacation

#6 Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:41 AM

After running CleanUp 4.0 I'm encountering the same error. No longer can I look at pictures using Windows Picture Viewer nor can I view video without turning to a third party download, same with pics. I recieve this error:

This application has failed to start because gdiplus.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

How can I repair this?

#7 rhaze76

rhaze76

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:25 PM

I am getting the same error message with Windows Media Player 10.

I have ran 2 codes in run mode...both of which told me that the application is not missing.

this smells like a bug.

1] Click Start, and then click Run.
2] In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
3] Click OK.
4] Click Start, and then click Run.
5] In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.
6] Click OK.

this is some advice that I got from castle cops...

still did not work.

I will try firerock advice if I can find this folder...not sure where it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users