Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle Bin Shows Empty But Its Not...?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

Ive just gone to empty my recycle bin and there's nothing showing at all in it...? , when I know that there should be...?

ive also checked with the Windows Disk clean up utility and it shows that in the recycle Bin there's .. .... 5.642 KB.

Any ideas just why I can't see any thing in the recycle Bin folder...? and what I have to do to get it to show again..? Trust me to be a happy clicker !!

Thanks..........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:53 AM

What hapens when u empty it??????
All i can say is i know a case when the computer set the picture to look empty even if it was full!!!!!!!!!

I would wiat for someone elses response but u could check that just in case!!!!!

:thumbsup:
MathsDude
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

#3 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:29 AM

HI MathsDude , I really dont want to click on any thing else yet until I get some more advice , just in case I make the problem worse !!, if I clicked empty the recycle bin, I wonder if the Disk clean up utility would still show any thing in the recycle Bin...?

thanks .......mypenry

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:34 AM

Hi mypenry! How's the jungle these days?

Perhaps the file(s) in the recycle bin are hidden files? This would explain why you can't see them.

Make sure that you can see hidden files.
  • Oepn the Recycle Bin
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options
  • Select the View tab
  • Under the "Hidden files and folders" heading, select Show hidden files and folders
  • Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types
  • Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option
  • Click Yes to confirm
  • Click Apply
  • Click OK
Now, if you see something, check it out carefully before deleting it. I would wonder why and how hidden files got into your recycle bin. The reason they are hidden in the first place is to prevent accidental tampering and deletion.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

Again thanks Albert .... spot on !!!

all's back to normal, ... must go now as its time to check under the bed for snakes !!

Thanks .......Mypenry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users