Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Is My Computer Making Beeping Noises?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hdspikez

hdspikez

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

It seems that my computer is working fine but occasionally, my tower is making beeping noises. It sometimes occurs out of no where but it seems that it occurs everytime i place a certain game into the cdrom. Im not sure but i think the beeping noise is coming from the CDrom itself. i tried putting in another cd rom and trying to run the same exact game and it still makes the noise. Its really annoying because the sound is actually coming out of the tower and you cant get it to go off unless you close your computer and reopen. any help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

Welcome to BC, hdspikez.

What you may be hearing is a high tempture alarm. When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer. It should be done atleast once a year, twice if you have pets or you keep your computer on the floor. make sure the fans are working and the heat sink on the processor is not blocked with lent:
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users