Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Caps Lock Keys Reversed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SuzieQ92

SuzieQ92

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:07 PM

A little earlier today our caps lock keys seemed to be reversed. When I pressed Caps Lock, I got lower case. When it was unactivated, I got all upper case. Now it is not doing that anymore. What could have caused it? How do I fix it if it happens again? My son and husband play computer games a lot that require hitting lots of keys. Could that have done it?

Also, I don't know if it is related, but when I was checking my e-mail, instead of replacing the window already open, when I clicked on mail it opened a new window. A new window was opened for every e-mail I opened also.

Thanks so much. You guys are great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

My son and husband play computer games a lot that require hitting lots of keys. Could that have done it?

Possibly. Plokta (pressing a lot of keys to abort) can cause all sorts of strange things. Check to see if sticky keys are or have been enabled.

#3 SuzieQ92

SuzieQ92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:20 AM

One time none of my keys would work after they had been playing. The sticky keys icon was showing in the bottom right corner. I clicked on it and fixed the problem.

I clicked on the sticky keys link you provided - thanks so much for that!- and I think I turned sticky keys off. Is that an okay thing to do?

Once before after they played, the sticky keys icon appeared in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I clicked on it and resolved the problem. Would I still have sticky keys even though the icon didn't appear this time?

Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users