Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware Error 9216

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Boxers

Boxers

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

I have DVDfab Gold and was hit with the following error

Failed when writing DVD image (hardware error 9216)

Any help or guide???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:06 PM

Are you trying to burn copywright protected movies?

#3 Boxers

Boxers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

Are you trying to burn copywright protected movies?

Not that I am aware of...it is a dvd of my sons LaCrosse Matches for the year. Was copying for outof town reletives.

#4 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

Club CDFreaks has a forum devoted to DVDFab here. I don't use the program myself but that forumseems to be the best place to find answers about it. The DVDFab developer's website links to it. Poking around there for a few minutes, I came across a "suggestion" by one of the regulars that the burner is not the strongest part of the program. He recommended burning images created using DVDFab with another application such as Nero.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:58 AM

I've had continual problems with DVD burning - until I stumbled up the free Silent Night Micro Burner here: http://www.silentnight2004.com/microburner.html

The unregistered version does everything that I need and works flawlessly.
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

#6 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:50 PM

Could you list all of the burning software you have installed on your computer? Also which program do you use for burning your movie?

A lot of times it is a clash between two different burning programs being on the same computer like for instance Nero and Roxio, they just do not work well when they occupy the same computer. It turns out to be a clash between Nero Incd and Roxio's drag to disk.

Also it could be that you do not have enough Ram on your system, How much Ram do you have? Working with video takes a lot of Ram to be able to do it's job.

Also it is an un-written rule that when you are burning a CD-R or a DVD especially when doing video (Movies) that you do just the burning not anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users