Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Suddenly Loud

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PureTragedy

PureTragedy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:15 PM

Hello.... I'm hoping someone can help me. I've had my computer for almost two years, and it's been pretty good for the most part. It's basically used for surfing the net and chatting and basic stuff like that. Well, sometimes it would get louder than usual if I open something like a virtual game, or burn a cd, or mess in photoshop, and stuff like that. Well now the computer get's loud all the time, even when I open simple web pages. I'm worried something is wrong with it... like it's slowly waring out and breaking. I don't know what to do and I don't know if I can afford another computer or anything... I admit the one I have is pretty cheap but I don't get why it's just suddenly getting like this... Sorry for this rant... I hope someone can give me some good news on how to fix this. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

Loud how? You could have fan noise, hard drive noise, cd-rom noise, floppy disk noise.

#3 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

How loud would your car get if you ran it for two years with NO Maintenance?
No cleaning, NO oil change, NO fluids replaced. ???

I suggest that you open up your little PC and clean the dirt out of it.

Clean the blades of all the fans and loosen any packed dirt you may find and either blow it out with compressed air or vacc. it out.

Check all air vents in your case for build up of dust and dirt. Clean them out.
A vacc. cleaner and a small 1" brush work well for this task.

Just wondering......what kind of Hard Drive Maintenance do you perform on a regular basis?

Curious minds want to know,
The Shadow :thumbsup:

***Admin edit- It is sort of irresponsible to recommend that someone open up their system without first ascertaining their level of experience and ability. Would you want a lawnmower mechanic working on your car? Do you want that same mechanic to just start jerking on things that they may know nothing about just to see if they are still firmly attached?
For those wanting, or needing the Norton Removal Tool,
it's latest version is available Here:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039

"The only bad backup is the one you decided NOT to make" Annonymous

#4 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:00 PM

I totally agree with The Shadow in all respects concerning cleaning dust and dirt out of the PC. However, he did not specifically mention to make sure that the CPU heat sink is not dusty and that it is still firmly attached to the processor.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:44 AM

I also would not recommend using a vacuum as it can cause static electricty which can destroy all the electronics in the computer.

Used a can of compressed air that is made for the purpose of cleaning computers and be careful not to overspin the fans - use a pencil with a rubber eraser to stop them from spinning when you blow the air on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users