I recently switched from Internet Explorer 6.0 to the newest version of Firefox. However, I am unable to change the default browser from being IE6.0...
things I have tried:
- seleting the option "Firefox should be the default browser"
- seleting the option "Firefox should check to see if it the default browser"
- deselecting the IE option "IE should check to see if it is the default browser"
- uninstalling an item called "Internet Explorer Default Browser" from Add/Remove Program
- changing how files open through my computer... file/tools/folder options/open htm/html with Firefox
- restarting computer
If I go into the firefox options and click "Check Now" to see if it is the default browser, a message comes up saying it is not... it then asks me if I want to change it. I click yes, and then click "Check Now" again, but the message still comes up, even if I restart the computer.
It just will not save my preference. Im guessing that somewhere there is a setting that I chose that made IE the default browser and must be deactivated... but I cant find it...
I have Windows XP, use Sunbelt Kerio Firewall, AVG Free and Spyware Guard.
Thanks a lot! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(Moderator edit: E-mail address deleted to protect member against spybot harvesting. jgweed)
Edited by jgweed, 27 May 2006 - 01:23 PM.