Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer blocked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 auxin

auxin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Good Morning,

I have a Dell p 713W Printer. Windows 7 ultimate and Microsoft security essentials.  The problem began where the printer would print one item and then put the rest into the waiting list.  restarting the printer would let me print one more document.  Then restarting the computer stopped that from working too.  Now the computer cannot communicate with the printer.

I have run the Dell troubleshooter which came back with dleccoms.exe and dlecwbgw.exe are being blocked. 

Im thinking my next step is to run hitman and mbam to make sure I'm clean, then disable security essentials and start there.  One thread on another site suggested that a recent explorer 11 was the culprit.  Guidance?

Cam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryoganix

cryoganix

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

If all else, you can add exceptions for dleccoms.exe and dlecwbgw.exe in Microsoft Security Essentials by opening up MSE, going to Settings, clicking on Excluded Files and Locations, and browsing to the aforementioned files. Since the Dell troubleshooter found that those were blocked and causing an issue, I'm fairly certain those files are not malicious, so they should be safe to allow through MSE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users