Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I am brought to a blank web page when i click on links sometimes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flame734

flame734

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Occasionally when I click on a link or button on Google Chrome I will be brought to a new blank page that has a big web address connected to it. The most recent one is this

*********************DO NOT CLICK ON THIS**********************************************************

http://onlinewebfind.com/ads-clicktrack/click/newjump1.do?affiliate=63801&subid=1049802&terms=pay%20per%20click%20ads&rtw=super%20smash%20bros.%20for%20nintendo%203ds%20wii%20u%20rosalina%20luma%20nintendo%20nintendo%203ds%20wii%20u%20super%20smash&ai=0Ug6nlK_qWIRWJbJdEjXzQTuYSQ9ej5gGyBRyxKiwr93RRnaLrhPItLb0UW0RkK_TuBFXKAhyGzO8DiMsbalV_lzDUHx3FOqESuWSE6sm-JdXeD3HPGl_nKob3aplsw1L3dSozctTbrX2PoP9btB4JuLpn8XNW3amVIzbShBTgQ3V3jkduwT4-6-HunmgqcJh0Wxp-1OMm-30S3IPfCEV2XwppReO7B1HmcepJmup1ueQz2TcraAy6XqeLRinLCJxsp390wr-eMnoeo8SlFAhFrVpPbJQ4Nx0_gD3H9r_8KuqjyquZD-XD0_QfK3CkbUTLo44kWhJuXh6nzG4UYIq6kCFDn-kdCgs6O52qOp2h9Jl930cXLiNlxnUox5efJtO2grN6BA_Npb7WiDcS7JbTauB2FH-Wscmx6sdKbwdMIw2T7wA4dnbt-uqf4hRDlO&product=iy

*********************DO NOT CLICK ON THIS**********************************************************

It has only recently been happening but it worries me, and I don't know how to remove it. I have run Microsoft Security Essentials with a full scan and nothing turned up, please help!

Edited by hamluis, 25 December 2013 - 06:47 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flame734

flame734
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

*****************************DO NOT CLICK***********************************************************************************************

http://onlinewebfind.com/ads-clicktrack/click/newjump1.do?affiliate=63801&subid=1049802&terms=ski%20trip%202013&rtw=pay%20per%20click%20ads&ai=JYLCvXvF2va6Eu90W4Q38KWKHdm-vtCffTfApp5ZhZsEvsLnSe_JQ67Tv18ovaBsg6_Wwfo8GDUxVMB1aR2o5tWxJ7d6B8vbbdqpdF6bK2jPc3Y4rymOq9c_0aB-_st87pT4FIfksOtnIkk_Vn4GNERYITEtX0CJ5CTKHRFTXVwda1mTlq2pw9STYs4RZiJantkRodNZiBGzzPbib3EsD0GWudrHorlSN16lnJOvkxm3fNp-bN0Xs4yYjQ5dK-1wSQJ5AAR_jUxsWbQWPHzoBnELG1PniJNxsT3UdZuY_3bwALul6eLGF8Izqkxz8m7gczpyRcGqPdU&product=iy

http://onlinewebfind.com/ads-clicktrack/click/newjump1.do?affiliate=63801&subid=1049802&terms=bleeping%20computer%20computer%20help%20computer%20novice%20newbie%20spyware%20malware%20virus%20hijackthis&rtw=&ai=dranGGiKjKP_VfDOsO1J-fRuZCayX0FvwFD0XNwatvLI9HlnrxbsYAv7X9NIKfXi7lzkJTfCUFn43Do1Rs59BD_tSPGdR7ffbZ4J2hG0m8nMjximQt1_4nXW5w6VxZHi-7819wNVTvLbQBuMs7bEz6V7Pc9_Divq3vKIU7to_jR_wO_yzp8q8g_TW4EnSnp6DMKSQQI3rwzwib3H6ObyDZGBn9_xDPFQ1BpwWbUoHLOzwHs2B0Y1zTQqPwNTcgvNeIODCkLqV8uYKoAAR1UNswI9jmMSyTwEdCoEwDRmnzVvXzLG8U4N2zClCRZ2bRQC0mmjdRh9Hg8yZmIaN5sGVKeMXR08NlXDqgcpnyGPojyzFJUgrzwc_A&product=iy

*****************************DO NOT CLICK***********************************************************************************************

these new ones just happened too. its getting more frequent

#3 jayjayjet

jayjayjet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hello, assuming you haven't found a solution, I believe I can help you with this. First of all you don't need to worry about your computers safety, what your experiencing is adware from a programm called Whilokii that most likely got downloaded on your computer while downloading something else. The was I solved this problem was by using CCleaner. (link: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ) . Once you have downloaded and opened CCleaner, click the Tools tab, and scroll until you find the programm that needs removing, once its found simply click on it, and hit the Run Uninstaller button. Again this was just how I solved it, and if that doesnt help ill try to assist you further.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,060 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

If jay jays idea doesn't do,run these.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
  • After the scan has finished...
    <-insert any special instructions here for what to uncheck OR remove this line if there are none->
  • This time click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
    • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
    • Last run ESET.
      • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
      • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
      • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
      • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
      • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
      • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
      • Click the Start button.
      • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
      • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
      • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
      • Scan potentially unwanted applications
      • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
      • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
      • When the scan completes, click List Threats
      • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
      • Click the Back button.
      • Click the Finish button.
      • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users