Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I hacked?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 polarbearcub

polarbearcub

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

So 2 weeks ago I got a Denial-of-Service attack. A person in Omegle flooded "YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED" in the conversation where I was. When I got that attack, my computer was slow for 2 hours, and even after restarting my computer was slow, and the browsers stopped working or got slow right after opening the browsers, but then they worked again, but the Internet was offline, and I saw that the WLAN was disabled, and I enabled it again, and the computer was doing the wind noise and my computer was quite slow too. Then the next day I got that attack again, and then the third day someone said that they saw what I look like, and I got really scared, and then after the third day my computer started doing some Windows updates and there was a BIOS update too, and then after the updates, I've seen that a weird program tab on the task bar with a icon of a question mark on a circle appeared for 3 seconds 2 times, and then last week the CyberLink programs opened by themselves, and now there is a little window where it says "Data disk" and it's a CyberLink program, and it's waiting for a data backup CD so I can put my files, pictures, videos, music, etc. in the CD so they can be backuped, and when I shut down my computer once, I saw that my webcam program was open even though I didn't open my webcam program, and I also checked that if there are some weird IPs on my computer by closing the browsers and chatters (Skype, MSN, etc.) and everything that uses the Internet, and today I found one weird IP that I don't know who's is it, and today my computer's screen went black about 5 times and then when the computer's screen stopped going black, I saw a window where it said "System settings have been changed. Please restart." or something like that. Today I got a Denial-of-Service attack again and today I also saw that there was a weird line on the upper border of the computer screen and it looked like there was a hidden program but when I tried to drag it, it didn't come at all, and it didn't show itself. Am I hacked? And can any hacker do the remote thing to the victim so the hackers can see the victim on the camera and the pictures of the victim without the victim opening any link or file? And can the hackers find out the victim's website accounts even though the victim doesn't open any link or file on Omegle or anywhere? I didn't open any link or file on Omegle or anywhere.

I am not sure if this is the right category for this message. If it's not, then can you move this to another category?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,796 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

Below are resources for determining if you have been hacked and how to identify the attacker. While these are suggestions you can try, it is strongly recommended to allow law enforcement authorities to conduct the investigation if the hacking is confirmed and you have been the vicitim of fraudulent financial transactions or stolen funds...they have the resources and expertise to identify hackers and prosecute them.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Okay, but can hackers hack the victims even if the victims don't open any links or files?

Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dial-up friendly, and reduce forum post clutter. ~ Animal

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,796 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

A RAT (Remote Access Tool) is a program that allows others to control another user's computer from a remote location. RATS can be used for legitimate purposes by Tech support staff assisting users with fixing computer issues or for nefarious purposes by hackers to take control of the computer without the user's knowledge or consent. When associated with malicious activity, RATS are typically stealthy installed as a payload of a Trojan horse.

RATS generally run invisibly on a computer and can function as a keystroke logger, storing information in a hidden file which an attacker can download remotely and analyze. RATS typically hide in another, seemingly harmless program such as a game or fake email until executed by unsuspecting users. Once executed, RATS are used by hackers to access and steal sensitive information such as passwords, personal data, credit card and financial information. Since this type of malware has the ability to remotely control a computer and capture screens, keystrokes, audio, and video, they are more dangerous than most viruses and worms.

Remote Access Trojans Explained
What is a RAT (remote access Trojan)?
How hackers use RATS to control your computer
Dirty RATs (Remote Access Trojans)
Computer RATS - Protecting Your Self

#5 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Well, how do I find out if there is a RAT in my computer? But I don't think there is any RAT on my computer, because I didn't click any links or files on Omegle, but I do download pirated stuff because my family won't buy me programs because my family don't buy any expensive things even though we have money.

Edit: Deleted unnecessary quote, to be more dial-up friendly, and reduce forum post clutter. ~ Animal

#6 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Well, how do I find out if there is a RAT in my computer? But I don't think there is any RAT on my computer, because I didn't click any links or files on Omegle, but I do download pirated stuff because my family won't buy me programs because my family don't buy any expensive things even though we have money.

Open a command prompt, Start > Run > cmd

Type each command below and press enter.

tasklist
tasklist /svc
netstat -anvbo

This will collect running files on your pc. Also look at HijackThis 2.0.4 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hijackthis/

Full post here. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515301/i-got-lucky-can-i-recreate-what-i-did-next-time/#entry3216430

More security apps.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/security/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/security-utilities/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,796 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

How to Detect hackers with netstat
How to use netstat
How To Prevent and Detect Remote Access Trojans

#8 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

But you still didn't answer me question that can hackers hack the victim even if the victim doesn't open any link or file in any website? Because I am scared if a hacker troll on Omegle saw me even if I didn't post my pictures there or open my webcam or went to the webcam chat?

Edited by polarbearcub, 31 December 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#9 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Edit you post and remove that

tasklist
tasklist /svc
netstat -anvbo

But you still didn't answer me question that can hackers hack the victim even if the victim doesn't open any link or file in any website? Because I am scared if a hacker troll on Omegle saw me even if I didn't post my pictures there or open my webcam or went to the webcam chat?

It's very basically starts by finding an exploit(s) on the website, or software your running, THAT will execute malicious code without you opening any links or files.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

#10 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

So...

And do you mean that I have to remove only the tasklist and netstat commands?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 02 August 2014 - 05:52 AM.
Edited at request of OP

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,796 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

If you are so concerned about security and you computer being hacked, then why are you using Omegle?

Five reasons not to use Omegle

4. There are two video chat modes, monitored and unmonitored. Using video chat requires that your computers IP address is made available to the strangers computer: Omegle video chat requires a direct connection to be made between your computer and the other users computer.

5. At the end of an Omegle chat, users have the option to save the chats log and share the link. Therefore your conversation is not really private, and the contents of the chat including any personal information you might share can be sent to anyone without your knowledge.

It has been proven time and again that the user is a more substantial factor in security than the architecture of the operating system or installed protection software. Therefore, security begins with personal responsibility and following Best Practices for Safe Computing.

#12 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

If you are so concerned about security and you computer being hacked, then why are you using Omegle?

Five reasons not to use Omegle

4. There are two video chat modes, monitored and unmonitored. Using video chat requires that your computers IP address is made available to the strangers computer: Omegle video chat requires a direct connection to be made between your computer and the other users computer.

5. At the end of an Omegle chat, users have the option to save the chats log and share the link. Therefore your conversation is not really private, and the contents of the chat including any personal information you might share can be sent to anyone without your knowledge.

It has been proven time and again that the user is a more substantial factor in security than the architecture of the operating system or installed protection software. Therefore, security begins with personal responsibility] and following Best Practices for Safe Computing.

But I said that I never used the video chat modes. A person once just flooded the sentence "YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED" and then I got the Denial-of-Service attack 2 times. That was about 3 weeks ago. But about a week ago I got a Denial-of-Service attack again, but they didn't tell me anything. I am just scared if they saw my pictures or my webcam without putting any programs on my computer and I didn't open my webcam and I didn't post my pictures. And then there were other weird things happening in my computer.

Edited by polarbearcub, 30 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#13 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

So you look like Ashley Tisdale... ashley-tisdale-300.jpg

...but I can't see the resemblance photo-thumb-869411.png?_r=1387792993

...bad hair day? :hysterical: :hysterical:

I didn't say to post the output of the command prompt commands: "Here's the log of the command prompt commands" so remove it for your own privacy and security.

What quietman7 is trying to make you understand, is that the Omegle program is vulnerable to attack, and yes it's highly probable that your pc has been compromised.

Just looking at your "command prompt output log" you have other programs that can be compromised.

#14 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

So you look like Ashley Tisdale... ashley-tisdale-300.jpg

...but I can't see the resemblance photo-thumb-869411.png?_r=1387792993

...bad hair day? :hysterical: :hysterical:

I didn't say to post the output of the command prompt commands: "Here's the log of the command prompt commands" so remove it for your own privacy and security.

What quietman7 is trying to make you understand, is that the Omegle program is vulnerable to attack, and yes it's highly probable that your pc has been compromised.

Just looking at your "command prompt output log" you have other programs that can be compromised.

Hmmm... How do I find out then if they saw me on Omegle even though I didn't open the webcam or post any pictures or go to the webcam mode? I found nothing about myself on google, but I am famous in Omegle because I told what is my name, but I didn't really tell them what do I look like...

And you mean that I have to remove the output of the commant prompt commands because it shows some IP addresses?

Edited by polarbearcub, 31 December 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#15 Mostafa29

Mostafa29

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

I dont really think that chatting with strangers is safe... its a very risky stuff, you might get hacked and other issues too

a nice read about the safety of Omegle http://nobullying.com/is-chatting-with-strangers-on-omegle-a-potential-stranger-danger-situation/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users