Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows defender error code 0x80070424

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pitch1962

pitch1962

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

when i try to turn on windows defender i get a message that says windows defender is turned off with a link that says "turn on and open windows defender." when i click on this link it says "windows defender encountered an error: 0x80070424. the specified service does not exist as an installed service." when i downloaded and tried to install the windows defender software it says "you do not need to install this software because windows defender is included in windows vista. you can access windows defender from the security section of the windows control panel." but of course i can't do this because of the error code. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 5,521 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer Forums :)

Download MiniToolBox and run the program. Select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Download then runFarbar Service Scanner and checkmark all boxes.
Click Scan and then a Notepad text will open. Copy-Paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users