Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 9C47?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Please...iknock off the BS...and, if you have nothing to contribute to the situation posted by the OP...show the courtesy that should prevail when you cannot answer a call for assistance.  The Gen Chat forum is the place for aimless, non-helpful posts, you mght want to visit there.

Louis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 TsVk!

TsVk!

bleeperizer

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 2,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Please...iknock off the BS...and, if you have nothing to contribute to the situation posted by the OP...show the courtesy that should prevail when you cannot answer a call for assistance.  The Gen Chat forum is the place for aimless, non-helpful posts, you mght want to visit there.

Louis

Hey Louis, chill, we already stopped... Weren't you going to analyze those logs you asked for? Turn this thing around for us.

#18 dbb2

dbb2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Update: Patch Tuesday happened for me this morning (Thursday), with everything updating except Internet Explorer 11. Tried rebooting and reinstalling, but no luck.

I still get Error 9C47 when I try to install IE11. 

#19 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

try this:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/uninstall-internet-explorer-11-revert-ie10-ie9-windows-7/

#20 TsVk!

TsVk!

bleeperizer

• 2,507 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Have read about this topic a great deal in the last day, and have seen about five or six different fixes that worked for different people....

Re-installing/repair installing .NET framework 4 was a common fix, another common fix that worked though is a repair installation of the OS. Common causes of this error included using Windows easy transfer and using registry cleaners. Personally though I would just use my working copy of IE to download a working and updating copy of Firefox or Chrome. Not being able to turn on or off Windows features would be quite disturbing to me though, even though I never touch that after setup. But just the fact it is out of my control wouldn't be grand...

EDIT: Hope you can make some sense of this, error 0x80070643 is the search key for answers

Edited by TsVk!, 14 November 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#21 dbb2

dbb2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

I don't know what Windows Easy Transfer is...and I didn't use registry cleaners until the problem came around. (And they didn't fix it.)

Just tried repairing .NET framework. No luck there, either. I also can't seem to figure out how to do a repair installation of the OS. It seems the Lenovo skin over the Windows 7 installation disks doesn't allow a repair of Windows installation.  

Also: It's been years since I've tried to turn on or off Windows features, but it's the kinda thing you start to do once IE won't update.

Thanks everyone for the help so far, hoping we can figure out an answer.

#22 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Microsoft responds to the 9C47 issue thus:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11_pr-windows_7/update-to-ie-11-get-error-9c47/2245f627-58ed-4a96-8802-7feabae753f3?msgId=269405d5-c12f-468f-b1d2-bc249e291fda

#23 dbb2

dbb2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Davnel - That's me! Came here for new ideas, b/c the Windows team couldn't seem to fix the problem or give me instructions about how to do an inplace/repair install of Windows.

#24 TsVk!

TsVk!

bleeperizer

• 2,507 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Here's how you create a repair disc...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/create-a-system-repair-disc

#25 dbb2

dbb2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Right. Well, Lenovo's skin over the Microsoft tech makes it impossible to do an inplace repair, so I'm starting the process of wiping the computer clean and reinstalling everything. Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.

#26 TsVk!

TsVk!

bleeperizer

• 2,507 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

It may not be quite that way (i've never heard of that before) it may be that errors are preventing you repairing the installation.

Anyhow, before you do it, make sure you have a copy of your Windows key if it's on a sticker on your machine. It can sometimes be easier to download all of your drivers and put them on a usb stick ready, before you start. Just remember to do you mobo driver first too...

#27 BrentN

BrentN

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Here you go: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Discussion/Internet-Explorer-11/td-p/1310257

I looked in the file C:\Windows\IE11_main.log and found the error: KB2729094 could not be download is not installed.

Apparently error 9C47 is "Required update failed to download". Check the IE11_main.log for the KB, google, and download/install. Make sure you get the appropriate x86/x64 version.

Mine said the update was already installed, like the linked topic, but despite the message it allowed the install to go through.

#28 KennyGreg

KennyGreg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit. Windows Update prompts me to update to Internet Explorer 11, but I get error message 9c47. None of the prompts actually help.

I looked for answers and was told to open a command prompt and do "sfc /scannow," After running the scan, prompt reads " Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are available in the CBS.log file..."

The file is hundreds of pages long, so copy and paste is kind of tough, and it's 69.5MB text file, so I can't attach it. Anyone have a solution? The computer has been running slowly over the past few days. I update my computer regularly and I've run the MSE full virus scan with no issues.

I'm also having an issue where, whenever I go to "Turn Windows features on or off" the dialog box is empty.

I've also tried:

- Rebooting/clearing up the Windows Update (as described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us)

- Doing a chkdsk (which I understand is terrible for my SSD, as described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2641432/en-us)

- Uninstalling the Preview version of Internet Explorer 11

I am replying to the "I.E." error message your receiving.  I too was getting that error message on my Fujisu U820 Touch Screen Netbook running "Windows 7 32 bit O.S." when I tried updating the "I.E.11 update" off of the "Windows Update".

I checked my version of "I.E." installed and found it to be Version 10.

What I did was to go to

" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages "

and download the full "English Windows 7 SP1 32 bit" version of I.E. 11 to my desktop.  I then installed it while still having the "I.E. version 10" installed, and waited for version 11 to fully install.  Then I double checked and found that "I.E. version 10 had been replaced with Version 11.

I reran the "Windows Update" fresh and no longer was getting the "I.E. 11" update.

I notice that my "Windows 7 64 bit" desktop computer doesn't receive this update and is using I.E. version 10.  I can only assume that "I.E. version 11" is only made for "Touch Screen" devices. 

If your machine is a "Touch Screen" then maybe trying this method, (except to download the 64 bit version), might work.  If your machine is not a "Touch Screen" then somewhere you have it configured as such and that might be why your receiving that update and it's not installing?

I hope this helps.

#29 Teddy123Bear

Teddy123Bear

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

I found an easy fix for this problem - at least it worked for me. It's as indicated by BrentN above from the Lenovo website

http://http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Discussion/Internet-Explorer-11/td-p/1310257

I had the same error report (9c47) each time I tried to install update to IE 11

Clicked on Windows Explorer and Looked at C:Windows\IE11_main.log, which opens a notepad window with a lot of data.

The last few lines read as follows

00:15.959: INFO:    Version Check for (KB2882822) of C:\Windows\System32\tdh.dll: 6.1.7601.18247 >= 6.1.7601.18247 (True)
00:57.112: ERROR:   WMI query for Hotfixes timed out. Query string: 'Select HotFixID from Win32_QuickFixEngineering WHERE HotFixID="KB2729094"'  Error: 0x00040004 (262148).
00:57.393: INFO:    KB2729094 could not be download is not installed.
00:57.752: INFO:    Setup exit code: 0x00009C47 (40007) - Required updates failed to download.
00:58.454: INFO:    Cleaning up temporary files in: C:\Windows\TEMP\IE1C551.tmp
00:59.515: INFO:    Unable to remove directory C:\Windows\TEMP\IE1C551.tmp, marking for deletion on reboot.
00:59.764: INFO:    Released Internet Explorer Installer Mutex

I highlighted the relevent line for the problem I had, and have seen some others have had.

I then went to the Windows update page http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30521

When I tried to install this file, I was told that the file already exists on the computer.

But now when I tried again to install IE 11 it went through perfectly fine :thumbup2:

Good luck everybody - if you have a different file number than the one I had, just google it for the relevant Windows update page.

Edited by Teddy123Bear, 21 November 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#30 User0001

User0001

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I have W7 64 Ultimate and had the same error. I disabled the anti-virus and applied the update again. Installed with no issues.

Try it and good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users