Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DSD not responding

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 hunterj0

hunterj0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

I get a window"DSD not responding" that pops up just about every time I start up my computer and then disappears.From what I have gathered, DSD is direct stream digital, a format to store audio signals somehow, but I was not aware that there was any such thing in Windows OS, and am confused by this error. The error only lasted a couple of seconds before vanishing, so I could not tell you specifics,  but I am wondering if there is something that could be causing this to happen, and hoping I can get advice from this forum..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_tom9940_*

Guest_tom9940_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

This is happening to me too. Every time it has a different 4-digit number after the "DSD". I have also found that while it disappears from the screen, as you say, it remains in the Applications tab of the Task Mgr showing a running status. Can anybody out there explain this to us?

#3 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,352 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hunterj0 hasn't received a response to this topic since it was originally posted back in October.  I suspect that it had fallen between the cracks and has been abandoned by hunterjo.

Edited by dc3, 16 June 2014 - 12:31 PM.

Please note:  A family emergency occurred on 08/18/2014.  Because of this my time here will be limited until our family member has recovered enough for me to get back to my normal daily routine.  I apologize to those of you who I had been helping, I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can.

#4 Guest_tom9940_*

Guest_tom9940_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

I use a Dell Inspiron 560 computer running Windows 7 (about 6 hours a day).

I looked it up on Google Search & found that it stands for Dell System Detect. It is a little program that users of Dell computers can download to let Dell automatically detect the Service Tag number (which is to Dell an ID kind of like a Social Security number is to a person from an identity viewpoint). I went in to the Control Panel/Programs/Unsubscribe to unsubscribe from it & haven't seen it since. The Google item seemed to favor leaving it on the computer, but it also didn't say you couldn't remove it, so I removed it.

#5 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

tom9940: Please do not hijack others topic. Instead, make a new one in the Windows 7 forum.

Man 1: Somebody set up us the bomb. Man 2: You mean Microsoft?

#6 Guest_tom9940_*

Guest_tom9940_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

To: Kirbyofdeath

I'm not hijacking anyone's topic! Hunterj0 put a topic out here in October 2013; I answered him yesterday; today I gave him a more complete answer. This is NOT  a new topic! Kindly read all messages before complaining! :clapping:

#7 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,352 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hunterjo hasn't responded since 10/28/2013.  

I seriously doubt that they are going to respond after all this time.

Please note:  A family emergency occurred on 08/18/2014.  Because of this my time here will be limited until our family member has recovered enough for me to get back to my normal daily routine.  I apologize to those of you who I had been helping, I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,621 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

FWIW: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/help-required-for-dsd-not-responding/335f8fef-4f11-40f8-ae55-61f036618589 .

In the future...please do NOT post your issues to someone else's topic, no matter how similar you think them.

When a member determines/thinks that someone is hijacking a topic...the proper thing to do is to report it, not get insulting and engage in unnecessary, ineffective verbiage that only serves to be inflammatory.

This topic is closed.

Louis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users