Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i get combofix to run on windows 8.1.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steven7627

steven7627

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

I have used it, since XP.  It worked with Windows 8.  I am not running in compatibility mode

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 31,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi,

Please don't run ComboFix on your own, it can cause serious harm to your system if employed falsely.

Regarding your question: ComboFix is not compatible with Windows 8.1 yet. You can't get it to run.

regards

myrti

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

sig3.png

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 nailuj1981

nailuj1981

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

How I can run combofix in windows 8.1

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 5,793 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

"This program does not work on Windows 8.1 at this time!"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

Pleased to have been a Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2007/8, 2008/9

Great minds like a think.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,771 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

How I can run combofix in windows 8.1

Did you not read the answer to that question provided by myrti directly above your post?

sUBs has advised that he is holding off releasing any working version of his tools for Windows 8.1 which includes both ComboFix and DDS. Meaning he is fully aware of the compatibility issue but needs time for thorough testing to ensure they work safely on that OS.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#6 webdesignervirus

webdesignervirus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

i use combo fix on my own and send the log to a guy i know that can read it im just mabey a year of self taught at fixing pcs although i am 14 any where i could learn to read combo fix 

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 32,771 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

If you're interested in learning about malware removal and how to use specialized fix tools like DDS, RSIT, OTL, ComboFix, GMER, etc is something you are interested in, please read BleepingComputer's Malware Removal Training Program.

The above link explains how to apply and what is required. If there are no slots available, you will have to keep checking back at a later time. We are swamped with such requests and there are not enough instructors able to provide teaching so that limits the number of trainees we can accept.

Due to the self-paced structure of training and limited number of instructors here at BC, it is impossible to say with any accuracy when slots will open. New slots are opened up as our existing trainees complete the lower levels of study and move up toward more advanced levels. This is to prevent our volunteer staff being overwhelmed by an influx of new trainees. There is no notification system in place for when slots open so you need to keeping checking back if BC Study Hall is the school you prefer to enroll in. The logistics and management of such a notification system and the fact we have a worldwide membership negate the potential effectiveness and fairness one would expect from it.

If you don't want to wait for an opening here at BleepingComputer, please be aware that training in malware removal is conducted at various other online Unite Schools to include:
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users