Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp dv 9700 battery problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bgsd

bgsd

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Okay I will start from the beginning. My HP dv9700 screen went blank and lights would blink once and turn off. So I did a reflow on the GPU chip. This got the computer to boot but still black screen remained. However it would work on external monitor. At this point battery would power the computer. 

Next I bought a lcd cable and installed it. Awesome the lcd screen came on. Computer booted up no problem. Now I am noticing that the battery indicator at the bottom of the screen is always at 0 %. I tried re installing the battery driver to see if that worked, no luck. Also the computer would not shutdown properly if I had the battery in the computer, otherwise it shuts down fine. Computer also displays battery plugged in not charging. Lightning bolt blinks continuously. when powered off I press the button and light blinks 3 times, then nothing. If I take the battery out and put back in while the computer is booted up light stays solid for about ten seconds and indicator says charging, then it stops charging and light blinks continuously.

As far as I can tell everything runs fine on ac power. I am stumped here battery did work now it doesn't. Wondering if anyone would now what might be wrong with it? Maybe some extra troubleshooting steps I have not done. I have read many forums suggesting bios upgrades, new battery, new charger, etc. Thanks.

Computer Specs:

Running Windows Vista

AMD Turion Processor

Nvidia Graphics Chip

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users