Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jeffhubert

jeffhubert

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

i scan for errors using sfc /scannow on cmd but an error pops-up...i tried scanning for viruses but the anti virus didnt find any viruses in my system.....i tried rebooting and scan again but the error was not fixed,, i did it 5x but it couldnt really be fixed...here is the message in command prompt after running sfc /scannow:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

here is the cbs.log file located in c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log
(if someone could help me fix this)pls download it...i dont know how can i fix it..

http://www.mediafire.com/?tj5yj6u2lvb6gdb

its too long i cant understand..

any help?
thank you very much!

what i did last time is to patched my theme using universal theme patcher and install some themes then the error pops-up in the cmd using sfc /scannow

i just did this on cmd (findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >C:\sfcdetails.txt)
then a text file was putted in disk C:
and here the text file..i dont know whats the corrupted files that needs to be replaced..if anyone could read it for me and fix it that could be a big thanks
http://www.mediafire.com/?4n764fe5ht6uwpm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 1,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Because sfc wasn't able to repair the damaged files, you will need to repair your installation of Windows 7. You'll need the installation disk to do this -- if you don't have one, you'll have to get it from the computer manufacturer.

Place the disk in the CD tray and restart the computer, then click the "Repair" option.

#3 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

i dont have cd of it i tried repair computer when booting up and pressing f8 and selecting repair computer but it didnt fix the problem

#4 MzLindyOne

MzLindyOne

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

As far as I can see, the files that can't be repaired are all missing media samples and the desktop.ini in those folders.  However, some of the others may have been corrupted by the installation of the themes, or the theme install might have gone bad because of other corrupt system files.  Corrupt files can happen simply from a hard shutdown due to power outages and the like.  Be sure the themes you are trying to install are appropriate for your version of Windows.   Try a system restore to before the themes were installed, then run SFC again. Just look at the last line for that "successfully repaired" before trying to reinstall the themes.

If system restore can't be done, try uninstalling the themes, running SFC again, then reinstalling the themes. 

The important files got repaired:

2013-10-03 11:33:05, Info                  CSI    00000288 [SR] Unable to complete Verify and Repair transaction because some of the files that need to be repaired are in use. A reboot is required to complete this operation.
2013-10-03 11:33:06, Info                  CSI    000002a6 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:32{16}]"themeservice.dll" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:07, Info                  CSI    000002bc [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"uxtheme.dll" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:08, Info                  CSI    000002be [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:24{12}]"OobeFldr.dll" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:08, Info                  CSI    000002c0 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"themeui.dll" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:08, Info                  CSI    000002da [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:34{17}]"ExplorerFrame.dll" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:08, Info                  CSI    000002dc [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:28{14}]"\??\C:\Windows"\[l:24{12}]"explorer.exe" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:09, Info                  CSI    000002e6 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"shell32.dll" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:10, Info                  CSI    000002e8 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:24{12}]"timedate.cpl" from store
2013-10-03 11:33:10, Info                  CSI    000002ea [SR] Repair complete
2013-10-03 11:49:09, Info                  CSI    0000026b [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired

Edited by MzLindyOne, 04 October 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#5 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

i uninstalled my themes but it didnt fix the problem even system restore didnt fixed it ive done it 4 times but no luck.thank u for the help mzlindyone...if i fixed this problem i could hug u and kiss u...ive gone checkdisk but it wasnt repared anything..
i ran again sfc /scannow but this pops-up again

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/w9k7.jpg/

Edited by jeffhubert, 04 October 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Unfortunately, it means SFC can't repair those files. It also means you have bigger issues than just the themes you installed. Did you download these from Microsoft, or are they from a third-party vendor? Those can interfere with other system files, or even contain hidden malware. Have you run any antivirus scans on your computer? If you do, and they find something, you'll need to deal with that first before trying to repair your OS installation.

You will need an installation disk to repair these corrputed files. You can get in touch with the manufacturer of your computer -- some will give you an installation disk, some will sell you a copy of one. Be sure to have the Windows code that is on a sticker somewhere on the side of your computer handy; you'll need that to prove ownership.

As a last resort, you could use a generic Windows 7 install disk, but this is not recommended as computer makers tend to bundle specialized drivers for their systems into their installation disks. Usuing a generic install disk could result in the incorrect drivers being installed.

#7 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

I always run a virus scan on malwarebyted and super-antispyware but they removed the malwares..and I don't have a cd of my windows...we are poor in money we can't afford one...reinstallation is too expensive in here philippines..does those corrupted files causes windows to give so many errors?? If its not I can ignore the corrupted files

#8 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Even my eset smart security 6 didn't find any viruses to my system.
Does windows use all of the corrupted files?or I can delete them all if windows don't use them anymore

#9 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

So previous scans did find malware -- was this before you downloaded the themes, or after? Did you quarantine the files it found, or remove them? Some viruses require extra steps to fully remove all instances of the malware code.

I don't know what files SFC determined were corrupt this time around, so I can't say whether it's safe to remove them or not. You could repost the cbs.log file, but I think the fact that you are still having issues with corrupt files means there may still traces of malware on your PC.

I would recommend asking the forum moderator to move this topic to the Am I infected? forum, where they can do more intensive troubleshooting there.

#10 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

i just removed the viruses and restart the laptop...i tried system restore right now and im scanning sfc /scannow wait mate i will post.....

malwarebytes find 4 malwares and removed them and superantispyware find 124 spywares and removed them ...the theme was removed from my laptop before scanning my laptop for viruses

it always pops up error windows resource find corrupt files but some of them was unable to fix

Edited by jeffhubert, 04 October 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#11 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

mate does windows use the corrupted files??

or i will ignore this problem and use my laptop

#12 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

If the files are corrupted, Windows can't use them. That's why you're having the problems you're having. The files need to be repaired, or you may just have to back up your files and reinstall the operating system. :( Sorry the news isn't better.

#13 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

i cant reinstall my operating system bkus we dont have money to buy cd of windows...we cant borrow one

if it cant be repaired does it causes so many problems to my operating system?

im so unhappy i cant fix this problem thanks for ur help

Edited by jeffhubert, 04 October 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#14 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

well i just have to ignore this problem ..it doesnt give windows too much problems..windows runs smoothly now but the problem still persist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users