Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't connect laptop to wireless router

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 doodoog

doodoog

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

I have an Acer Aspire 4520 laptop that I can't connect to my wireless router. I have a Netgear N300 Wireless Router, wnr 2000 v3 model and a motorola dsl modem. All conncections are correct. I'm able to operate my pc, (Wired), my cell phone, (Wireless), my PS3 (Wireless) and anybody elses divice on my system with no problem, however I'm unable to connect my laptop to my system Wireless. I'm lost. When I open my Netgear router on my PC, click on attached devices, it shows my laptop as being connected (wireless), however it's not connected to the internet. It appears to me that the modem is not recognizing the signal from hte router. It seems like a router to modem problem. Also, FYI, my laptop connects to other wifi's everywhere with no problem. Please help me. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Do you have any kind of encryption turned on? IE WPA,WPA2.. If so, have you tried to turn it off and see if your laptop will connect?

Edited by chrisd87, 16 September 2013 - 12:36 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 doodoog

doodoog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

I did and it still doesn't connect

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I did and it still doesn't connect

Alright, have you tried an ipconfig /release and /renew to see if it'll fetch a new ip address from dhcp? Also, have you tried to set a static IP address instead of using dhcp?

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 5,709 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Just to add to chrisd87's suggestions, how do you connect on wireless and what is the error message when browser is launched? Have you tried removing the previous wireless network profile in manage wireless networks and then connecting manually again?

Tekken

#6 doodoog

doodoog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Fixed the problem. Computer wasn't syncing with router, so I bought a new modem/router combo, and everything works great.

#7 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed the problem and happy computing :busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users