Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linkswift Ads

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kiwee

Kiwee

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Last week I was searching on my desktop for answers to a problem we had with our laptop.  Now I have all these popups happening.  They all seem to have Linkswift Ads in small writing somewhere on them.  I am wondering if that is the name of what I have been infected with.

Can someone help me remove these please ?

Thanks

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

You were advised that you are infected and requested to follow certain procedures, in a previous topic in AII.

Reference:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503982/random-popups-reminder-your-computer-is-not-backed-up/#entry3127459

You're infected with ZeroAccess rootkit.

It'll require elevated help.

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Please...follow the guidance previously provided.  This topic is closed to avoid confusion.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 01 September 2013 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users