Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VisualBee V.1 Customized Web Search

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

Same again from end of log to Farbar SS Version : 18-08-2013

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 18-08-2013
Ran by Dave and Val Marper (administrator) on 23-08-2013 at 11:47:46
Running from "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\AQFGJCVJ"
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.

Windows Firewall:
=============

Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================

System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================

Security Center:
============

Windows Update:
============

Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================

File Check:
========
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\netbt.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ipsec.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netman.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\srsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\sr.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauserv.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe => MD5 is legit

Extra List:
=======
AegisP(10) Avgtdix(9) Gpc(3) IPSec(5) NetBT(6) PSched(7) Tcpip(4)
0x0B000000050000000100000002000000030000000400000008000000560000000900000006000000070000000A000000
IpSec Tag value is correct.

**** End of log ****

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Now you did it.
Thank you :)

p22002970.gif Uninstall SparkTrust PC Cleaner Plus.

Registry cleaners/optimizers are not recommended for several reasons:

• Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
  • Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
  • Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes.  If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
  • Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
  • The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

p22002970.gif Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Alternate download: http://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/TFC.exe
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

=============================================================================

p22002970.gif Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

=============================================================================

p22002970.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

=======================================

p22002970.gif Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Disable your antivirus program
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Scan archives
  • Click Start
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click on List of found threats
  • Click on Export to text file , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
    NOTE. If Eset doesn't find any threats it'll NOT produce any log.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#18 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

# AdwCleaner v3.000 - Report created 24/08/2013 at 13:51:22
# Updated 20/08/2013 by Xplode
# Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
# Username : Dave and Val Marper - DOWNSTAIRS
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Desktop\adwcleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\InstallMate
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\Web Cake
Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVG Secure Search
Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Application Data\Web Cake
Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Marper Family\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\li3p225o.default\adawaretb

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\InstallCore
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\{8FB495A1-4A3F-4C1D-BD27-3F3AB2E66763}

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18702

-\\ Google Chrome v29.0.1547.57

[ File : C:\Documents and Settings\Marper Family\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

[ File : C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [1539 octets] - [24/08/2013 13:30:25]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1484 octets] - [24/08/2013 13:51:22]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [1544 octets] ##########

#19 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\commontoolkittray
Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\sfagent
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\DisplayName
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}\\URL

~~~ Registry Keys

Failed to delete: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{FB684D26-01F4-4D9D-87CB-F486BEBA56DC}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\fixcleaner
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\qtrax
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\sparktrust
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\visualbee
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\adawarebp
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\fixcleaner
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\sparktrust
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\visualbee
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{FB684D26-01F4-4D9D-87CB-F486BEBA56DC}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AEBC5C05-AB34-495E-8C55-C138E05304B3}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{A7A9D7E7-E0C0-4202-9F13-6A06BD073CDA}

~~~ Files

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\toparcadehits.job

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\application data\fighters"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\application data\pc1data"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\application data\sparktrust"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Application Data\coupons"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Application Data\fighters"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Application Data\fixcleaner"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Application Data\pc cleaners"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\appdata\locallow\datamngr"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Local Settings\Application Data\adawarebp"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Local Settings\Application Data\toparcadehits"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\consumer input"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\fighters"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files\webconnect"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\start menu\programs\toparcadehits"

~~~ Chrome

Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Val Marper\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ieakfmpjhljbpbfpldjkddkjmmgjmgon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scan was completed on Sat 08/24/2013 at 14:35:06.59
End of JRT log
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#20 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

No log no threats on ESETScan.

#21 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,076 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

How is computer doing?

Update Adobe Flash Player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Make sure you UN-check Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus

NOTE 1: Beginning with Adobe Flash Version 11.3, the universal installer includes the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player.
NOTE 2: While installing make sure you UN-check any extra garbage which wants to install alongside.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#22 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

Thanks. Yes that VisualBee V1 has gone  and 'conduit' in it's place We now have 'Bing' which I don't want and I will try to rid this myself, unless you know of a quick way.  I know many people use 'Bing' but I don't want anything on my computer that I have not asked for.  Are there any of the downloads, you have asked me to use, that I should keep? I will be making a donation for all the help ypou have given me.  I am glad I found this site, some sites really want your money to help.  Why are there so many people out there in the world disrupting peoples pleasure using computers and why can't they put there knowledge to good use.  Thanks once again. 

David

Chesterfield UK

#23 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,076 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

We now have 'Bing' which I don't want and I will try to rid this myself

If you mean Bing is your default search engine you can easily change it manually.

What browser?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#24 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I have IE 8. I'm still using windows XP SP3. I don't want to change but it looks like I may have to. I've looked on tools and search providers and disabled Bing but it still there.  It's not on add remove programs and it does'nt come up on a seach for files and programs or in  C: drive programes and that me done. Donation from wifes paypal [email protected].  I tried to reply to your email but it just returned unsent.

David

#25 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,076 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

To change the default search provider

Thank you for your donation :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

#26 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

I asked you before but it must have been forgotten. Should I keep any of the downloads you asked me to use, if so which ones would you recommend. PS I didn't manage to loose Bing.  I've tried it under different names it uses but I can't find it to remove it>

David

#27 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,076 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Should I keep any of the downloads you asked me to use, if so which ones would you recommend

I'll let you know when we're totally done.

I didn't manage to loose Bing

What happened?

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47., and then clicking Internet Explorer.

2. Click the arrow to the right of the search box.

605df6a9-5711-42f8-aa94-946ee7c48731_16.Internet Explorer 8 search box
  3. Do one of the following:

• In Internet Explorer 8, click Manage Search Providers.

• In Internet Explorer 7, click Change Search Defaults.

4. Click a search provider in the list, click Remove, and then click Close in Internet Explorer 8, or OK in Internet Explorer 7.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#28 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

VisualBee V11 Customized Web Shearch is back, this time with V.11 not V.1 as before I have followed the instructions to the letter but the Remove /Set as default do not open, they stay faint.  The only thing it will let me do is disable and close but it does'nt make any difference it's still there.  Conduit came back as well but I managed to clear that with the search facility.  VisualBee was also shown up in the Add/Remove programe so I clicked to remove but it is still there.

David

#29 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,076 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Reset Internet Explorer.
Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737 and run "FixIt" procedure.
You can use ANY browser to download "FixIt" file.
Make sure you follow ALL steps listed there.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#30 Marper145

Marper145
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Ran Fixit and it allowed me to remove Bing, in Tools, manage add ons, but when I clicked onto VisualBee the 'set as default and remove button went into the faded mode.  It just seems as though VisualBee is invisible to everything.

What does this mean?

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an
email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.
This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users