Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acting weird

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helplalaman1

helplalaman1

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hi, I was away for a few weeks and other people in my household have been using my computer. When I came back I noticed that when I open up google chrome 2 tabs open one for google.com and one for google.ca. Anyway my computer seems to be slower & there's been some fishy things going on with it. When I used Rkill it chose to terminate this process: * C:\Windows\System32\ACEngSvr.exe (PID: 700) [WD-HEUR]. 

Also I've noticed some weirdly named processes/files, such as in my superantispyware file it has something called d9450b5a-397d-4164-b724-4f863506f5cb and another application called 20bd64da-615b-4e29-82bc-1875e17c693a. 

My Avast security trial expired before I left so my computer has been mostly unprotected. 

Also when I go into safe mode my computer always has a Windows Security Alert saying my Security Center is off, but when I press to turn it on it says there is an error.

Sorry if this information is unhelpful, I'm willing to do whatever scans though to help diagnose this situation. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 helplalaman1

helplalaman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Also I forgot to add that today my windows theme changed. The start bar used to be blue and whatnot, but now it just has a classic appearance to it and I can't change it back to the old version.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,057 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

OK, welcome. It appears you are infected so run these, post the logs and we'll see how it is.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Please Download TDSSkiller
Launch it.
Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system
Click on "Scan".
Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with Ok.
You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Last run ESET.
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users