Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to get rid of SF searchfly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frenzic

frenzic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

I stupidly downloaded a game to my laptop and it sneaked in searchfly toolbar, which has taken over my lovely google settings, so that all my pinned sites have disappeared. McAfee keeps advising me that it has potentially dangerous or suspicious content on every page, which rarely happened before.

I have removed the game software and managed to restore Google as my home page and done a system restore but the toolbar, with its stupid apps which I am less than interested in, won't go away, no matter how I try to hide it.

How can I remove it?

Thanks in advance

Mod Edit: Moved from Web Browsing/Email/Other to a more appropriate forum. ~bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 04 August 2013 - 07:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

:welcome:

Let's try this:

:step1: Install and run MBAM

:step2: Use AdwCleaner to remove the toolbar.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Note: Please note that Antivir Webguard uses ASK Toolbar as part of its web security. If you remove ASK by using Adwcleaner, Antivir Webguard will no longer work properly. Therefore, if you use this program please use the instructions below to access the options screen where you should enable/DisableAskDetections before using AdwCleaner.

• Using AdwCleaner is very simple. Simply download the program and run it.  You will then be presented with a screen that contains a Search and Delete button.  The Search button will cause AdwCleaner to search your computer for unwanted programs and then display a log showing the various files, folders, and registry entries used by these programs.

• To delete these unwanted programs simply click on the Delete button, which will cause AdwCleaner to reboot your computer and remove the files and registry entries associated with the various adware that you are removing.  On reboot, AdwCleaner will display a log showing the files, folders, and registry entries that were removed.

:step3: Running TDSSKiller to obtain log

Note: Don't cure or delete a threat, but choose skip for all instead.

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

tds2.jpg

• In the Additional options: Check Detect TDLFS file system
  • Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

tds4-1.jpg

• Choose for all threats to Skip for all of them.
  • Click Continue
  • Please post the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)

===================================================

:step4: ESET Online Scanner

==================

Note: If your AV is blocking Eset online scanner, please temporarily disable your AV.

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may may take several hours, that is normal.

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and » UNCHECK "Remove found threats" <== Important
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Copy and paste the information in your next reply. (If no malware was found you will not be presented with a log).
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

===================================================

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 frenzic

frenzic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

You, Dear Godfather, are a god amongst Gurus and I love you! Thank you so much - I am Paypaling a donation toute suite! XOXOX

#4 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Please post the logs, you can still be infected.  :thumbup2:

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users