Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Works Bass-ackwards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bluiis1103

bluiis1103

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

Can anyone explain why my mouse is suddenly working backwards? When I move the mouse up, the cursor moves down, and when I move the mouse down, the cursor moves up. The scroll wheel works fine, so does the back button. I have checked the properties, the hardware, checked for updates, uninstalled the software, unplugged the mouse, rebooted the 'puter, reinstalled the software, plugged the mouse back in....still backwards. I'm running XP pro and my mouse is a Microsoft wireless explorer 2.0 I got as a wireless set with the keyboard... keyboard is fine. I had problems a while ago with the mouse not working at all. So I removed it from the USB hook-up and connected it to the PS2. It's been working fine for months--and then - BAM - it got all turned around. I feel as if i'm trying to move it by looking in a mirror. A little irritataing, to say the least. Do any of you kind persons with great knowledge know what could be causing this to happen? And how do I fix it? Thanx everybody.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 6,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

My first thought is somejava script:emoticon(':thumbsup:', 'smid_13')
:hysterical:one is playing a joke on you. But you have my curiosity up and I am going to see if I can find it on the net.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 6,190 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

check out "slinkycity.com" and then ask yourself who would put this on my computer!!!!

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”
Lawrence M. Krauss

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

If it's this program, here's the fix.

And this clearly explains why you should never open email attachments!

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 6,190 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

This small program which works on any Windows operating system reverses the left-right direction of your mouse! You can confuse your work mates by sending them this file! It is only possible to cancel the effect by using cntrl-alt-delete to reach the windows task list, selecting the utility from the list and clicking "end task". But for this whole preocess you have to use the reverse mouse technique!

Lawrence M. Krauss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users