Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nvidia driver 307.83 wont install

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TY19405

TY19405

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Whenever i try to install the driver it always fails to install.

It does install on windows xp but not on windows 7. What do i do to install the driver???

The one I have right now is 301.42

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 506 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Are you trying the correct version?

307.83 This package is compatible only with Microsoft’s Windows XP operating system, both 32- and 64-bit ...

307.83 WHQL Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit:

#3 TY19405

TY19405
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

Looks like the right version to me.Capture_zpsfa823104.png

#4 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

It does install on windows xp but not on windows 7. 

Are you trying to use the same driver for both the XP and Windows 7 install? (Don't think you are, but it doesn't hurt to ask.) Please post the model of your graphics card and the version of Windows you're trying to install the NVidia drivers onto.

It looks like quite a few Nvidia users are suffering the same problem right now.

#5 TY19405

TY19405
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

I am using windows 7 and I am using the windows 7 drivers my graphics card is the Geforce 6200.

#6 TY19405

TY19405
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Please someone i really need help i am thinking of going back to windows xp.

#7 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Well you do have the right driver downloaded. I'm having a hard time finding any good information about Nvidia's installer failing. Some people said they reinstalled Windows 7 to fix it, some people said the sent their card back, some people said Nvidia stopped actually testing new driver packages on old cards so the updated drivers are not installing on old cards, but no one has any proof of this. Unfortunately I can't recreate your problem or try to figure it out myself without an old 6200 card. I'll keep digging around the web, but in the mean time try downloading a new driver installer from their website. Be sure to check that you're downloading the right version for your version of windows, either x32 or x64. Take a screen shot of any error message you get or the Driver Failed screen when it pops up. Maybe someone on here will get an idea from it. Sorry and Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users